Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I received an offer from Durham to study english lit and I was really happy because it was my first choice for uni, today I got an email from Stephenson college to say I'd been allocated a place there.

I'm kind of unsure what to think because I basically had my heart set on St. Cuthberts, I don't think it'll massively change my thoughts about Durham or my experience if I did go- just wanted to ask current students their experience?

• TSR Community Team

TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

I think you'll struggle to find anything definitive in this sense as Stephenson is moving to Durham city next year from Stockton. So even though it's been established a few years, it will be a pretty new experience for everyone. I am currently at Josephine Butler however which I believe is where Stevo is moving to, it's a lovely part of Durham to live in and not nearly as far away as everyone would have you believe

Hi! I've actually been allocated to Stephenson College as well - I'll be doing Ancient History but my sister is also going to Durham and she will be on your course Don't worry a lot of people don't get their first choice of college but everyone says that no matter which one you end up in you like it. Even though I haven't experienced the college itself, with it not moving officially until September, I do know someone who is a part of Josephine Butler (the college which is in the same area) and she absolutely loves it.I've spoken to quite a few of the university students and they all say really nice things about each of their colleges so I think it should all be goodAt first I was a little worried about the distance from the city centre but it really isn't bad and we will also live right by the park and ride which I've been told we only have to pay £1 for an entire day. Just to let you know Idk, I hope this maybe helped?
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.