Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I just received an email saying I’ve got a interview for primary teaching at Glasgow! Very excited. Only thing is I have no idea what to expect as I have never done a uni interview before. Does anyone know what questions may be asked, or if I’ll need to take part in any activities? Please give me any information you have on the interview, as I’m so nervous and would love to do well! Thank you!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lisataylor.4)
    So I just received an email saying I’ve got a interview for primary teaching at Glasgow! Very excited. Only thing is I have no idea what to expect as I have never done a uni interview before. Does anyone know what questions may be asked, or if I’ll need to take part in any activities? Please give me any information you have on the interview, as I’m so nervous and would love to do well! Thank you!!
    Have you been given any info in the email? There is often group activities to do and often 1-2-1 interviews as well, where they'll typically ask you why Glasgow and why Primary Ed. However, it will always vary by uni.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing in email! Seems very quiet about what’s expected. Thanks so much for replying, really helpful!☺️
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by lisataylor.4)
    Nothing in email! Seems very quiet about what’s expected. Thanks so much for replying, really helpful!☺️
    Not a problem.

You can always reply to the email asking for more info.:yep:

And use this thread if you fancy too:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1847257

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked on UCAS to get the relevant information? There should be information about what is expected from you and where it is etc. I am still waiting for a date for my interview at Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    Got an email this morning about it! There’s a 300 written word task and an indvidual interview. Feel at more ease now ahaha. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, good luck with your interview. Come back and let us all know how it went. You may have some useful tips for the ones still waiting, like me!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is it the Dumfries course? I have an interview too!

ReputationRep:
    I’ve got one for Glasgow too main site. Ekkkkkk. No idea what to expect
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    No it’s the main Campus, but congrats on the interview !!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! Mines tomorrow and so nervous ahaha. Sure you’ll do great ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Lisa!! I’m Wednesday. Can’t wait to get it over and done with and get back to normality. Hopefully they don’t take too long to get back to us, I’m a nervous wreck.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

I am a brand representative working for Get Into Teaching. Basically, Get Into Teaching is a campaign run by the Department of Education which aims to raise awareness of teaching as a career choice. They want to know if you are interested in Teaching as a career choice so that they can send you tailored information about the different routes into teaching, bursaries and salaries available (all the information you might find useful, and your parents too ).

If you are interested all you have to do is fill in some details in the form available through the following link: http://ocply.co/teach-nottsbr18AS

I promise this will be useful stuff!! I wish you the best of luck with applications and undergraduate careers

ReputationRep:
    I did the interview a couple of years back and the written task is just basically to test your writing skills and you can think on the spot! Then there will be a short presentation maybe given to all prospective students. After that there will be maybe a one to one interview where they just ask you questions like why you want to be a teacher etc! Actually was quite a chilled interview compared to others I did. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview for Dumfries campus coming up - just wondering what questions they asked you? It’s my first interview and only one and I am so unsure what to even prepare!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2018

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.