Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for economics, and ill be honest i didnt do any research before hand. I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on this college if you have any

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I just got allocated to Van Mildert after not putting a college preference lol, it looks pretty nice, it has a lake and you don't have to share rooms which is nice. If you find out anything more please let me know

ReputationRep:
    I got allocated there this morning. I did put a preference though, I just didn't get it. It does look pretty nice, from what I found out it's about a 20min walk to the city center. Walking is fine but if you want to, I think it's pretty bike friendly (probably gonna get one). Looks super nice though
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm allocated to Mildert too (no college preference originally) and I visited a day ago and honestly I think it's such an amazing college like theres a 24 hour library on college and the accommodation is beautiful and it's fully catered so you don't have to cook just yet plus it's quite near the economics building if i'm not mistaken? the only con is that it's on a hill so it'd be a trek to get from college to the bill bryson library. The rooms are so spacious as well in terms of storage (plus the desks are facing the window so there's a view [tho apparently the layout of the room at Wear is different than all the others so ye]) but yeah I loved it there and I've firmed it lmao

EDIT: i've ONLY been to Mildert and just there, so my opinion will obvi be biased ((:

ReputationRep:
    when I was applying a long time ago I went to a Sutton trust summer school at Mildret, I didn't like it as it looked too modern and my room was very small haha so I applied to Castle (University) college. Didn't end up going to Durham in the end but yeah. The only thing I liked about it was the had a PS4 haha.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.