Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since the college applications were given out today, I thought I'd see who else will be in St Aidan's with me for the next 3 years. That is, if I actually meet my conditions.

Let me know what subject you're doing. I'm doing Psychology, and it'd be lovely to find someone potentially on my course.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    Economics at St Aidan's.
    I didn't put a college preference and I was allocated to St Aidan's which I'm quite happy about, assuming I don't get put into a shared room.

I don't mind the steps, there's a nice view of Durham and it's self-catered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camburke)
    Since the college applications were given out today, I thought I'd see who else will be in St Aidan's with me for the next 3 years. That is, if I actually meet my conditions.

Let me know what subject you're doing. I'm doing Psychology, and it'd be lovely to find someone potentially on my course.
    Where else did you apply may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student offered Law in Durham, and I got allocated St. Aidan's (because I didn't know we had to pick a college during the UCAS applications )

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool (hometown), York, Leeds, and Newcastle. What about you? Jach7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deriik)
    I'm an international student offered Law in Durham, and I got allocated St. Aidan's (because I didn't know we had to pick a college during the UCAS applications )
    I notice quite a lot of other people put no preference too. Someone I met from St Aidans on the 14th said the running joke is that no one choses to go there. Tbh I think most people choose University, Hatfield or Chad's.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool (hometown), York, Leeds, and Newcastle. What about you? Jach7
    UCL, Warwick, Nottingham and Loughborough

ReputationRep:
    Yea...I saw a graph regarding the college preferences of freshers and St Aidan’s line is pretty much dead. Tho students that have stayed there seems to think that the college is great! I wonder what’s causing the disparity?

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated St.Aidan's (wanted Van Mildert) and I'm afraid it's pretty much decided it for me that I will NOT be firming my Durham offer. I applied to Van Mildert because it is virtually all single rooms and they gave me St. Aidan's which is 40% shared :unimpressed:

I visited the college at Open Day and didn't like it at all, so Durham have blown their chances with me I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Since the college applications were given out today, I thought I'd see who else will be in St Aidan's with me for the next 3 years. That is, if I actually meet my conditions. Let me know what subject you're doing. I'm doing Psychology, and it'd be lovely to find someone potentially on my course.
    Hey I got my college allocation just yesterday. I originally applied for St Marys but St Aidans looks pretty good. I’m doing Natural Sciences (Msci Phys and Bio). Is anybody going to the post offer days?

ReputationRep:
    I chose John snow and got allocated to St. Aidens. Does anyone know if it's possible to change colleges?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logasi)
    I chose John snow and got allocated to St. Aidens. Does anyone know if it's possible to change colleges?
    No. They are very clear about this - not unless it's for a disability or health issue. https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/...qs/?faqno=1967
    Such a stupid system. If they're going to sort it by algorithm they should at least let you choose your important decision criteria e.g. shared bathroom OK, but shared room not. I suspect I was allocated St Aidan's because it's catered and I applied for Van Mildert which is catered. But I would forgo catered for a guaranteed single room.

ReputationRep:
    PPE at St. Aiden's. I actually chose it because it's really close to the government building and I wanted a big college.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the new one (forgot the name aha) and got allocated to St Aidan's. Accounting and finance offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAustroBrit)
    Hi there - I just got the email. I'm going to be doing Physics. Originally I applied to Chad's so getting Aidan's has been a bit of a shock (it's pretty much the opposite tbh) but I think I'm actually quite happy with the choice.
    Is Durham your first choice for physics? What are your other offers/insurance choice?

ReputationRep:
    I’m studying psychology at Durham also and have been allocated St Aidan’s

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to study English Lit and was allocated to St Aidan's from putting University as a last min preference. Looking forward to checking it out at the open days

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Music. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth.rennard)
    I’m studying psychology at Durham also and have been allocated St Aidan’s
    Oh you're the same as me! I'd love to talk to you more if you're interested.

Did anyone actually chose Aidans?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.