Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Macdonalds Shifts Help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have started work at Macdonalds about 2 weeks ago I have some questions..

1) when are my shifts I’m new and I don’t have any on the my schedule so when do I come in?? I don’t know what to do do I just wait how long will it take till they are on my schedule

2) and when will I get paid ? I started work on a Monday and it’s been 2 weeks and I thought I would get paid on the Friday 2 weeks after but I didn’t when will I get my first pay?

Many Thanks To Anyone that answers and helps.

ReputationRep:
    bump for OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Nye)
    bump for OP
    Pardon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolkid71)
    Pardon?
    he pushed your post to the top so more people would see
    op - original poster X

ReputationRep:
    Most employers pay monthly, it should say in your contract when you will be paid and how many hours you are expected to work. After 2 weeks I would be worried about not knowing what days and times I should be working. Talk to your manager.

ReputationRep:
    I got paid every 4 weeks when I worked at a McDonald's franchise. It may be different where you are in terms of payment time.
    Can you not email or ring your manager and ask?
    When I worked there they used to put the rota up on the back wall ad then update it online. Yet, when I first started it took a while for my name to be put on the system so they use to add my name in pen at the bottom. I would keep a close eye on it and just go along with whatever they had me down for. If you don't know then ask someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    I got paid every 4 weeks when I worked at a McDonald's franchise. It may be different where you are in terms of payment time.
    Can you not email or ring your manager and ask?
    When I worked there they used to put the rota up on the back wall ad then update it online. Yet, when I first started it took a while for my name to be put on the system so they use to add my name in pen at the bottom. I would keep a close eye on it and just go along with whatever they had me down for. If you don't know then ask someone.
    How long did it take for your shifts to be on my schedule?

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for your shifts to be on my schedule?
    About 3 weeks from when I started. My place was really lazy though and they had loads of temporary part time staff (like myself) so they didn't really care about putting them on the system and training them up properly, as we were all going to leave at the end of the Summer.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Ask your manager. They know your store better than anyone here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Ask your manager. They know your store better than anyone here.
    How do get in contact with them do I ring up and ask for the manager?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    How do get in contact with them do I ring up and ask for the manager?
    Yes or go into the branch.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Yes or go into the branch.
    Thank you and when did you get paid when you first started what day was it and how long after?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    Thank you and when did you get paid when you first started what day was it and how long after?
    I don't work there. Ask your manager.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.