Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just received an unconditional offer, which is...surprising. anyone else considering this course for 2018?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

i got an unconditional too which was a complete shock hahaha, are you going to the experience day? i'm not too sure on what i think about the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baileyjoy)
    i got an unconditional too which was a complete shock hahaha, are you going to the experience day? i'm not too sure on what i think about the course
    i tried to self-sabotage my portfolio and was literally the only person at my group interview that didn’t get asked anything about the questionnaire so i thought it was a definite no. i wasn’t too keen on the campus personally, idk if the hospital theming for the arts & education building is permanent but it felt way too clinical for me (like i get it. a&e. but it’s just not a good concept imo i wanna study fashion in an arts building, not a nursing wing). the course itself seemed great for what i wanted to do (photography/layout/graphics for print) but i’m still going to wait and see what happens with other unis first. it’s nice to know i have a definite option that isn’t foundation at my college though! what parts of the course weren’t you sold on?

i’m on an exchange trip the week of the experience day so i need to see if i can be in london for it, otherwise probably not

edit: also did you have your interview on the 24th jan? just wondering if you were in my group haha

(Original post by polarising)
    i tried to self-sabotage my portfolio and was literally the only person at my group interview that didn’t get asked anything about the questionnaire so i thought it was a definite no. i wasn’t too keen on the campus personally, idk if the hospital theming for the arts & education building is permanent but it felt way too clinical for me (like i get it. a&e. but it’s just not a good concept imo i wanna study fashion in an arts building, not a nursing wing). the course itself seemed great for what i wanted to do (photography/layout/graphics for print) but i’m still going to wait and see what happens with other unis first. it’s nice to know i have a definite option that isn’t foundation at my college though! what parts of the course weren’t you sold on?

i’m on an exchange trip the week of the experience day so i need to see if i can be in london for it, otherwise probably not

edit: also did you have your interview on the 24th jan? just wondering if you were in my group haha
    oh no way!! i guess you're just lucky then hahaha. i was actually rejected about 2 days after my interview (interview was the 21st of jan) and last monday i got a notification from ucas saying they gave me an unconditional so no clue what happened there, seems a bit shifty ;/ but yes i totally feel you on that!! it's kind of a strange concept to have...

i think the course does seem super good - i'm into fashion film & photography and the facilities they have were impressive but i think it's just the course overall, it just seems very VERY high standard and i will be coming from a background with no fashion knowledge so i think i'm just a bit intimidated which is a shame really.

where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an (unexpected) unconditional offer as well ! I didn't have to go to an interview but I had to send a digital portfolio as I'm not from the UK.
    The course looks really good but I haven't made up my mind yet, my first choice is the foundation at CSM !

ReputationRep:
    do you know when the experience day is ? I didn't get the email from them yet

(Original post by edenlny)
    do you know when the experience day is ? I didn't get the email from them yet
    it’s on the 17th of march & you have to book to attend! strange that they didnt email you - maybe check ur spam emails or try emailing them and asking? they are kind of awful at replying though :/
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    it’s on the 17th of march & you have to book to attend! strange that they didnt email you - maybe check ur spam emails or try emailing them and asking? they are kind of awful at replying though :/
    Thanks ! I think it might be because I need to upload my IELTS results first. I'll email them !

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.