Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it very hard to get an A* at A Level art? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so one of my uni offers is AAA or A*AB and i am thinking I could perhaps get an A* in art. I have spoken to my teachers and they all reckon I am around the A or A* level, but apparently A*s are so incredibly rare i would have to put a lot of extra work in.
    this leads me on to ask, is a level art marked internally only or is some of it sampled by examinor?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i am doing a level art textiles and i am hoping to get an a*. i have done the same and asked my teachers but what i found was to make sure that you include everything that the exam board has asked for and develop and explain all of your ideas. at as i got an A and my work personally didnt look A grade but my teacher said it was because i included everything the board wanted. and to answer your question about marking, the teahers come together as a whole and discuss what they think then the exam board comes in and checks the marks the teachers have given to make sure they agree with the teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am doing Art a level at the minute. The a level is firstly internally marked by whoever is appointed the examiner for a level in your art department. After that person or people have marked them every teacher will go around and mark the final wall display that we have to do in May after the exam. After all entries have been marked including the wall an independent exam moderator comes into school and takes a random sample of different graded students and marks those. Your school will have a record of how accurately the original gradings were in comparison to the moderators, which will tell you how likely you are to achieve your predicted grade !
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    My art teacher told us she would never predict anyone an A* as apparently only one student every 40 years will get one - very motivational I know lmao. The best anyone got in my whole school at A-Level last year was a B. In my opinion it's exceptionally difficult to get the high grades in Art A-Levels, and if you put in too much work you may endanger your other subjects-

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 18, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.