Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 months. He recently lost his job and is looking at uni courses. We have had a few arguments over this over the last few weeks as I have been in long distance relationships so know how hard this can be. He knows I support him and he knows I would never tell him what to do/what not to do. However he also knows the impacts of moving away - we worked it out and wouldn't feasibly be able to see each other except for every few months.

We've recently got it all out and talked about it and everything seemed fine although now he's become really distant. I have tried to give him space and not contact him as I didn't want to bug him but I'm starting to feel like we don't really have much of a relationship at the minute.

Any advice??

(he is nearly 30 btw and I'm 25)

give him some time and he'll come back to you...

maybe plan a cute date or something to reignite the spark again?

This must be hard for you, specially if you are in a long distance relationship. Its easy for him to shut himself off when your not there. I sometimes feel this way with mine, i dont live with mine and even though hes not that far away i do feel like he goes distant and i have always said too him id rather him tell me if hes not happy in this relationship because we can either work on it or if he feels that strongly we can end it. Hes really not good and talking about his feelings and its so easy for him too just ignore my messages. I always think if i could see him face too face and talk too him then maybe it would be different. When i do see him and we go out its always like nothings every happened. I feel for you i really do. Try not to overthink and just let him no that your there for him if he needs to talk. XX
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.