Turn on thread page Beta

17 and still single, should i be worried? watch

ReputationRep:
    100% don't even bother with relationships until you're done with education.

ReputationRep:
    Are you into older male species ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You shouldn’t be worried at all, I’m the same age as you and thought this myself before meeting my current boyfriend. I’m also very quiet, but a complete weirdo around my friends. My boyfriend is a year older than me and chose not to go to university- which I guess makes me fairly lucky as mostly relationships don’t last though a sudden change to long distance.
    Once you’ve finished you’re exams and settled in at uni I’m sure you’ll find someone with similar interests as yourself and someone who likes you for you. Once you’re at uni you’ll gain so much independence and you’re parents may change their views about you dating, as long as you’re happy, they should be too!!
    Hopefully you are right. There is that uni problem too my parents will not let me live on campus- want me home everyday (unless i get into Cambridge and somehow convince them) but i guess the chances of meeting someone at uni are still there. U have a beautiful love story aha wish u all the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.jessie.x)
    That is my mindset 90% of the time just you know it is the experience and the influence from couples at school xx but i guess i am learning to care less

ReputationRep:
    I'm an 18 year old dude and I've been single for so long I can't even spell relasingleship

Seriously, don't worry about it. Just focus on your studies/bettering yourself and the boys will come

Be happy single while it lasts, dat **** is a responsibility.

(Original post by MedicineG)
    That is my mindset 90% of the time just you know it is the experience and the influence from couples at school xx but i guess i am learning to care less
    What religion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc30)
    Are you into older male species ?
    Depends how old we are talking about. I would not be into anyone that is older than 20. And knowing myself i would probably not marry anyone older by 5 or more years than myself..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What religion?
    My religion?? I am a Sikh wbu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    I'm an 18 year old dude and I've been single for so long I can't even spell relasingleship

Seriously, don't worry about it. Just focus on your studies/bettering yourself and the boys will come

Be happy single while it lasts, dat **** is a responsibility.
    Omg ahaha I will try xx At least i have my friends teasing me about a 100 boys

ReputationRep:
    At 17, do you really think you know what you want out of life? My general rule is if you don't have $100k saved up, you are not ready for an adult relationship. Focus on school, work and savings and forget about the boys, or girls, if that is what you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireogun)
    In my opinion you should just focus on school and then relationship after you get into medicine and no you shouldn't be worried there are literally millions of people who have never been in a relationship which is perfectly normal
    thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaitlovescoffee)
    At 17, do you really think you know what you want out of life? My general rule is if you don't have $100k saved up, you are not ready for an adult relationship. Focus on school, work and savings and forget about the boys, or girls, if that is what you like.
    thanks that is a great point. I definitely want good grades and a successful career.. & it is boys

uubhn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abby-Rose)
    You can find love at any age Why do you think dating websites for over 50s exist?
    wOUCH!!! Ngl, p1553d myself laughing after getting an email of a datingformatures.com, asking if I was a single woman over 40 who was looking for a man... I am a 17 y/o lesbian

ReputationRep:
    Love can come at any time. Just keep your eyes peeled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.jessie.x)
    No.

My boyfriend is a brilliant person that has pushed me to achieve.

Don't do these kinds of generalisations pls x

ReputationRep:
    don't worry. Us males take a damn long time to mature. Almost every one of us that is between 14 and 20 has a crippling insecurity about relationships and sex drive (There are always acceptions). If any girl asks a guy to go into a relationship the guy will 9 times out of 10 say yes.

It is always your choice. But I think people should start actually panicking about being single in their mid 20's as that is usually peoples prime.

From what I see when I look at other people with relationships in their adolescence it always ends in a break up and depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethal.Price)
    wOUCH!!! Ngl, p1553d myself laughing after getting an email of a datingformatures.com, asking if I was a single woman over 40 who was looking for a man... I am a 17 y/o lesbian
    How odd! One of my best friends got a email like that and shes a 19 year old lesbian to!

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not weird at all. I've barely dated anyone and I'm in college, 20 years old. I guess I live in a city where decent-looking, straight boys don't want relationships, so it's not really my fault... it still makes you wonder sometimes! (It does help, though, that I only have 2 friends who are in relationships just because hook-up culture is so rampant and boys think that even casual dating is
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No you shouldn't be worried. You are very very young.

Focus on your studies, enjoy life, do things that make you happy.

Love and be confident in the sense of your achievements and you're a good person who treats people well who deserves the best in life.

Be your best self, wear those clothes that make you feel good. Relax.

You could try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, meeting guys through hobbies, through online meet ups, through education, through your network and going out.

Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2018
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.