The Student Room Group

macbeth

i have had a very bad teacher throughout the course of learning macbeth, how do you self teach yourself macbeth?
You're gonna hear this a lot, but Mr Bruff on YouTube is a really good resource. He also sells revision guides which are really helpful.
Original post by Ihatelife2
You're gonna hear this a lot, but Mr Bruff on YouTube is a really good resource. He also sells revision guides which are really helpful.

will his videos be enough info?
thank you :smile:
i have lots of mindmaps that I made during the course, would you like me to send you some?
Original post by annalisebaber
i have lots of mindmaps that I made during the course, would you like me to send you some?

would be amaaazzing thank you
Original post by xnotapplicablex
will his videos be enough info?
thank you :smile:

They are very good but there are also the CGP and York notes revision guides. There are also lots of Macbeth notes if you just google for them. There is another really good youtube channel called Mr Salles. There is an abundance of resources on the internet. If you find one thing, you're sure to find another. Another thing that's really useful, although this is really for last minute revision before a test, is the Snap Revision guides.
I use a website called litcharts (there's an app too) and made a revision sheets on each act as a start because I too had a terrible teacher. There are some good documentaries you can watch online which helped me as well as just trying to pick out and analyse quotations for practice. I find it more useful to do this and plan out essays rather than writing the whole thing as it takes to long.
Hopefully some of that might help
Original post by CharisHeaven
I use a website called litcharts (there's an app too) and made a revision sheets on each act as a start because I too had a terrible teacher. There are some good documentaries you can watch online which helped me as well as just trying to pick out and analyse quotations for practice. I find it more useful to do this and plan out essays rather than writing the whole thing as it takes to long.
Hopefully some of that might help

ooo can you reccommend any documentaries?
Original post by xnotapplicablex
ooo can you reccommend any documentaries?

Shakespeare unlocked is a really good series of documentaries I used, it's from the perspective of actors and it describes how they acted out the scenes and the meanings they put behind the lines. It really helped me gain insight into what everything meant and the subtle things in the play 😀
Use Sparknotes!! It's a great website and it translates the text so it can be understood more clearly. Best thing I did when revising Macbeth was writing key quotes on revision cards and writing the translation on the other side. Understanding what the quotes actually meant helped me to memorise them.
where can you find themes and quotes to back up etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending