Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've lately been applying to jobs and man it has been better this year so far. Basically, I reached the final stage for a company and the 2nd stage for another company.

COMPANY A - LAST STAGE (INTERVIEW TODAY), CONTRACT
    COMPANY B - 2ND STAGE (INTERVIEW THIS WEEK), PERMANENT

The thing is, I much rather prefer company B over A - as it is better career progression in the long run and plus it is permanent.

I'm sick and tired of contract roles as they have always held me back and I would much rather be permanent.

The thing is Company A said they will get back to me this week and Company B are interviewing this week for round 2. Essentially, Company A is the backup for me and I would happily take it if I never got B. But Company B have a 2nd stage and a final stage. If Company A were to offer me, how would I best stall?

Could I always turn it down after background checks?

Sorry, I'm new to this game and it is so much stress at the minute

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.