The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Hello I’m currently working full time and I have a house with my partner. I’ve applied for uni for September and Im going full time and dropping my hours to part time between 16-20 hours. I’m just wondering when assessing my household income will they assess just my partners, both of ours as they are currently or both but mine as they will be in September? As in September I won’t earn enough to pay tax. Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance:smile:
Original post by Raindrop94
Hello I’m currently working full time and I have a house with my partner. I’ve applied for uni for September and Im going full time and dropping my hours to part time between 16-20 hours. I’m just wondering when assessing my household income will they assess just my partners, both of ours as they are currently or both but mine as they will be in September? As in September I won’t earn enough to pay tax. Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance:smile:

Hi Raindrop94,

Can you confirm if you will be over 25 years old prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course? and do you have any dependents?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Hello

I will be 24 but I have financially supported myself for over 3 years and no I don’t have any dependents.

Thanks
Raindrop94.
Hello

I will be 24 but I have financially supported myself for over 3 years and no I don’t have any dependents.

Thanks
Raindrop94.

Hi Raindrop94,

As you will be under 25 years old prior to the start of your course and are not married or have any dependents we would not assess your Student Finance application based on your partners income.
As you are under 25 years old prior to the Start of your course you would have to provide evidence of 3 years self support in order for you to be classed as an independent student. 36 months (3 years) worth of evidence is required, however it does not have to be consecutive years.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 4
Hello

So totally based on my income alone?

Thanks

Raindrop94.
Hello

So totally based on my income alone?

Thanks

Raindrop94.

Hi Raindrop94,

Yes , It would be assessed based on your Independent evidence of 3 years self support.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 6
Hi

Thankyou for your help.

Raindrop94.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending