The Student Room Group

Feminists Are Always Unattractive - Is This Generally True?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yukikobestgirl
075.jpg

I used to watch a show with her in it called girl meets world; unfortunately i always preferred Sabrina Carpenter...80AA4431-C309-4CA2-9B7C-BD0A2EC83B00.jpg.jpeg
Original post by EqualitySloth
I used to watch a show with her in it called girl meets world; unfortunately i always preferred Sabrina Carpenter...80AA4431-C309-4CA2-9B7C-BD0A2EC83B00.jpg.jpeg

I've saw some of it.
Felt it was aimed at a younger demographic than me (I'm 17) but I thought those two were cute tbh
I've saw some of it.
Felt it was aimed at a younger demographic than me (I'm 17) but I thought those two were cute tbh

Yeah, it could’ve done with a sequel or something for older people
Original post by Lit teacher
Here: "The instant I see or read about a shop worker being crushed to death whilst stacking shelves"

Umm, no?

Not true. The most dangerous occupations in the UK, in order, are mining, farming, construction, goods transportation, manufacturing, defence, and refuse collecting. None of these is very highly paid. The average for a miner is just over £30,000 and for a builder £12.50 an hour.

Which are in general paid more than their skillset dictates.

I've saw some of it.

I used to watch the original Boy meets world

Spoiler

Original post by daisydb
No mate, google the definition of feminism

Or egalitarian.
Disregard woman, go your own way
I wrote "Middle-aged white men tend to select middle-aged white men"
Here's evidence about the gender gap.

And for the lack of non-white people at senior levels " Over half of the FTSE 100 firms do not have any ethnic minorities on their board at all."only 85 of the 1,050 director positions in the FTSE 100 are held by ethnic minority people, and only two per cent of director positions are held by ethnic minorities who are UK citizens, though this group makes up 14 per cent of the total UK population."

People tend to choose people who they consider are like themselves. It's up to government and business to overcome this so that there is equal opportunity for all.

I see the old unconscious bias is back in action, then.
Original post by ANM775
I used to watch the original Boy meets world

Spoiler

That was before my time, but i watched some of it a few tears ago
I would give you some, but i would just be repeating and retyping what other people have written here. Lit Teacher gave a perfect response to your question

That's called an insult.
I wrote "Middle-aged white men tend to select middle-aged white men"
Here's evidence about the gender gap.

And for the lack of non-white people at senior levels " Over half of the FTSE 100 firms do not have any ethnic minorities on their board at all."only 85 of the 1,050 director positions in the FTSE 100 are held by ethnic minority people, and only two per cent of director positions are held by ethnic minorities who are UK citizens, though this group makes up 14 per cent of the total UK population."

People tend to choose people who they consider are like themselves. It's up to government and business to overcome this so that there is equal opportunity for all.

How do we fix this, then? May I also stress that minorities are minorities. By virtue of there being less of them, there will be less involved. Generally.
(edited 6 years ago)
This has also been said about naturists. That only those less attractive are prepared to be naked in spas, saunas and on beaches.

As with naturism, it seems that it is just being used as an excuse to criticise.
No lol. Is this Alex Jones’ wet dream?
Original post by konvictz0007
I saw on some TV program on BBC recently someone said feminists are nearly always not attractive - do we think that is true?

It just seems to me feminists are striving for things which are impossible to attain. Like tennis, if it was unisex then there wouldn't be a female pro in the top 10,000. Also women's tennis games are 3 sets, mens are 5 sets. I believe they tried women's tennis with 5 sets and all that happened was more injuries and fatigue so it didn't work out. In this case equality would harm women as oppose to help them.

A lot of 'typical' girls I know like to dress up, wear make up, look good, take selfies for instagram and snapchat. They say they expect the guy to ask them out, they say they want their men to be real men, pay for the first date etc. So is this wrong?

Also consider women are physically, mentality, biologically and emotionally different from men. Not saying one is better than the other, my opinion is both are as important as each other. But knowing they are very different, how can you achieve equality? You can't.

Feminists are usually intelligent.
Oh good lord. Do you really think that every woman who just wants to see other woman have every possible advantage in life, and to do as well as they possibly can, is unattractive?? Feminists only want what is best for women, no matter what each woman wants for herself, and not to be held back from that purely because they were born female. If any silly girls now think feminists are ruining things for them, well...they don't know the things they take for granted now had to be fought for. Stop viewing feminism as an enemy. A woman can want the ability to support herself and stand on her own two feet while wanting to be loved and treasured by her partner.
rt

Original post by konvictz0007
Feminists say very stupid things.

They say women shouldn't be judged on looks. Well tough sh**, life is unfair, some women are better looking than others. Cristiano Ronaldo was born with God given genetics plus the hard work and commitment made him one of the greatest footballers of all time. Not everyone can be professional footballers, not everyone can get a first in maths from oxford university and then eventually earn £300k a year in finance. Life is unfair.

Lets look at genetics, it is in our genes and thinking to be sexually attractive to attractive people. You can't argue against that, it is biology. This is the reason why Chloe from TSR will not get job offers for photoshoots from modelling companies, but Miranda Kerr will have tens and hundreds of offers - because objectively Kerr is more beautiful, looks better, better proportions and more people will enjoy seeing her in a magazine. No disrespect Chloe, I still love you and you're still pretty in my eyes (say about 6 or 7).

This also true the other way round, but men that are not as attractive as say Ronaldo, sit there and cry and think life is unfair. My girl mates literally sit there when we are out and the ones that are single who are on tinder, literally say 'err hes butters' or 'oh he looks nice'.

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/183270-I-Don-t-Know-What-He-s-Fixing-But-Mine-Just-Broke.jpg

This picture is objectifying men, and many many girls say thinks 'oooof he is fit' - do I care? I don't give a sh**, he's definitely got a better body than me, (but my personality bangs), and although I do get a few girls coming up to me who leave me their number, I'll bet this guy gets way more girls than me. Like I said I don't give a sh**, he's got better genetics, good height and reach, probably has a nice colgate smile and expensive haircut. Far play to him.

This is why feminism is a load crap. Equality disagrees with feminism as it would hurt women (I gave 2 examples in the first post and can give hundreds more) and secondly biology disagrees with feminism. You want me to not at a female's good looks? P*** off, my body is programmed to do that, as is it for women on men.

Go away.
what are you talking about?

thats bae right there :drool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending