The Student Room Group

Feminists Are Always Unattractive - Is This Generally True?

Scroll to see replies

Mila kunis is a feminist. Kim Kardashian is a feminist. Beyoncé is a feminist. I rest my case.
Yeh had a quick look and mmmm... Each to there own
Original post by yudothis
Criticize something you don't have the first clue about.

I do have the first clue about it. Have you seen the rabid mainstream feminist narratives?
Original post by Fizzy98
Mila kunis is a feminist. Kim Kardashian is a feminist. Beyoncé is a feminist. I rest my case.

1. Calling yourself a feminist doesn’t make you a feminist - western feminism is no longer about equality it’s a bunch of whiny women who ignore real sexism women face outside of the developed world in favour of moaning about a builder wolf whistling. The most obvious sign that feminism has nothing to with equality is that most of the issues feminists campaign about have nothing to do with sexism.
2. If you’re a celeb and don’t call yourself a feminist and hate Trump and all that stuff you’re basically ostracised. Does it not seem strange that Hollywood doesn’t reflect the population of the US?
I think some of the 'men' contributing to this thread need to rethink what they think women are for.

They are not 'consumer items' made to look pretty just to pander to your sex drive.
Nor should you assume anything about a woman's intellect simply from the way she looks.

It is also not the job of men to define what feminism actually is.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Unkilled
I do have the first clue about it. Have you seen the rabid mainstream feminist narratives?

You talk about liberalism. Not feminism.
Reply 146
No.

Even if they are whats your point?
You talk about liberalism. Not feminism.

I'm afraid they've been lumped together into this catch-all term for regressives called social justice warriors.
Original post by returnmigrant
I think some of the 'men' contributing to this thread need to rethink what they think women are for.

They are not 'consumer items' made to look pretty just to pander to your sex drive.
Nor should you assume anything about a woman's intellect simply from the way she looks.

Thus making feminism not to advocate for gender equality. You have just given the MRAs an argument.

But I agree with what you said in the second paragraph, yes.
Original post by Underscore__
1. Calling yourself a feminist doesn’t make you a feminist - western feminism is no longer about equality it’s a bunch of whiny women who ignore real sexism women face outside of the developed world in favour of moaning about a builder wolf whistling. The most obvious sign that feminism has nothing to with equality is that most of the issues feminists campaign about have nothing to do with sexism.
2. If you’re a celeb and don’t call yourself a feminist and hate Trump and all that stuff you’re basically ostracised. Does it not seem strange that Hollywood doesn’t reflect the population of the US?

Just look at Kristina Hoff Sommers, right?

Actions speak louder than words, and if you associate yourself with groups that have done bad things you will be labeled as such.
Original post by Fizzy98

Yes. And for all the talk of "empowering women", Beyoncé has been denigrated to shaking and singing lyrics emboldened with misandry.
I'm afraid they've been lumped together into this catch-all term for regressives called social justice warriors.

That is because liberal feminism is the feminism of SJWs.

But by no means is it the feminism that has fought for women for a century and more and has gotten them to where they are today.
That is because liberal feminism is the feminism of SJWs.

But by no means is it the feminism that has fought for women for a century and more and has gotten them to where they are today.

So in other words, egalitarianism is not full of social justice.
So in other words, egalitarianism is not full of social justice.

I don't think SJWs really want 'social justice'. They just want to push their agenda, and that is not one of 'social justice'.
I don't think SJWs really want 'social justice'. They just want to push their agenda, and that is not one of 'social justice'.

Well I think what we can aim for is equality of opportunity, right?
Original post by Gnobe
Misogyny is running wild in this thread.

If you say so.
Original post by returnmigrant

I very much doubt men see women exclusively as sex objects. Many see them as friends, partners, sisters, mothers etc. The idea that all men just see women as you say 'consumer items' is so far from reality.

'Nor should you assume anything about a woman's intellect simply from the way she looks.'

No one should be judged by appearance alone but hey we all do it but learn to look past it and learn more about the individual as you get to know them. And men aren't the only ones who judge by appearance, women do too, quite often i'd imagine.

'It is also not the job of men to define what feminism actually is.'

Feminism has already been defined. It's within men's right to debate it's definition with both men and women however they see fit. The subject of feminism isn't exclusive to women only.
Original post by Kaffee_1998
If you say so.

If a feminist says so, it must be true. They haven't played that card about a million times or anything.
Original post by Kaffee_1998
I very much doubt men see women exclusively as sex objects. Many see them as friends, partners, sisters, mothers etc. The idea that all men just see women as you say 'consumer items' is so far from reality.

'Nor should you assume anything about a woman's intellect simply from the way she looks.'

No one should be judged by appearance alone but hey we all do it but learn to look past it and learn more about the individual as you get to know them. And men aren't the only ones who judge by appearance, women do too, quite often i'd imagine.

'It is also not the job of men to define what feminism actually is.'

Feminism has already been defined. It's within men's right to debate it's definition with both men and women however they see fit. The subject of feminism isn't exclusive to women only.

Yeah. Basically, most people are actually this these things called egalitarians, right? Guys?
Yeah. Basically, most people are actually this these things called egalitarians, right? Guys?

One would like to think so my friend but some feminists would like us to believe otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending