Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else dread their birthday because of no facebook posts? watch

Years ago I would get lots of birthday posts, from friends and family who I'm not even close to. Been years since I left school and I only keep in contact with a select few and they're not massively into facebook posts either so I end up with around 10 birthday posts a year. Most of my friends at uni and from school just text me or say happy birthday in real life. But I just hate looking really sad with no friends on facebook.
    I generally don't care much about facebook and I never post photos or updates, but every year around my birthday I dread having so much attention on it being my birthday and so many people actively avoiding saying happy birthday even though it's on their feed. I sometimes think about deactivating my facebook on my birthday but I use it so much for messaging my friends so that wouldn't work. I think my birthday is hidden on facebook but people still post so people are aware that it's my birthday.
    I guess it just reminds me that I haven't got as many friends as other people. I see others with 50+ birthday posts. Probably my own fault for not putting in the effort with people, I just prefer having a few close friends instead of spreading myself thin

ReputationRep:
    You can remove the notification for saying it's your birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly no one cares. It's just Facebook.

When you go on someone's page and see they've only got a few birthday messages do you think ''ugh, what a loser''?

(Original post by Sid The Kid)
    You can remove the notification for saying it's your birthday.
    Yeah it's removed, but a few long time friends will still write on my wall and then it comes up on the feed.

(Original post by sundae)
    Honestly no one cares. It's just Facebook.

When you go on someone's page and see they've only got a few birthday messages do you think ''ugh, what a loser''?
    Well I just assume they're probably like me and don't have that many friends.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's not that deep. If it wasn't for Facebook sending them a notification, they wouldn't even bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah it's removed, but a few long time friends will still write on my wall and then it comes up on the feed.
    I mean, then at least you have friends that comment on it.
    A. Block anyone from writing posts on your wall
    B. Make their comments private or customise it
    C. Something else

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.