Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can my then girlfriend go to prison for lying to the police in her statement watch

ReputationRep:
    I got charged with a communications act 2003 offence of making menacing and threats towards her then ex boyfriend via social media and she reported me to police. While giving her statement to the police she told them that she had never been in a relationship with me, doesn't know me and never met me before, even though we had a very close relationship everyday we met and spoke for and we had been together for just under a year.Can she go to prison for lying in her statement?

ReputationRep:
    No, the police don't care as long as they get the prosecution.

ReputationRep:
    Really?
    As i think that lie of not being in a relationship and not knowing me. Makes it worse on me.
    Like I just came out of nowhere and threatened her ex.
    When I actually knew her for a fair while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leep1988)
    Really?
    As i think that lie of not being in a relationship and not knowing me. Makes it worse on me.
    Like I just came out of nowhere and threatened her ex.
    When I actually knew her for a fair while
    Just look at all the recent cases dropped because the police don't know how to check evidence and hide anything that might be bad.

All they care about is successful prosecutions to make them loo like they aren't useless.

ReputationRep:
    Why you trying to get back at her?

You're in trouble not her! Naughty!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not getting back at her at all,
    I know what I did was wrong and out of character and I have already accepted my guilt. As I received the summary of evidence from my solicitor and it states that she told police we never were in a relationship and she didn't know me and never met me.
    We was in a relationship and she did know me and we met numerous times and we were together for just under a year.

ReputationRep:
    Saying something that you know to be untrue in a police interview is perverting the course of justice. Can land people in hot water.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.