The Student Room Group

What happens once you get a job offer

Hi,

I'm just curious, what happens if you hypothetically get a job offer?

Like when does it become official or unconditional whereby you can't turn back on it?

Is it usually like this:

Employer contacts candidate, tells them they are successful and hired. Candidate is asked whether they would like to accept

Candidate thanks employer for offer and asks for a couple of days to think about it

Employer sends conditional letter

Background checks done

Employer sends unconditional letter. Candidate can reject?

What I'm trying to say is, can one initially accept a verbal offer and turn their back to it after like a week or two?
Original post by newmanlife
Hi,

Like when does it become official or unconditional whereby you can't turn back on it?

Is it usually like this:

Employer contacts candidate, tells them they are successful and hired. Candidate is asked whether they would like to accept

Candidate thanks employer for offer and asks for a couple of days to think about it

Background checks done

What I'm trying to say is, can one initially accept a verbal offer and turn their back to it after like a week or two?

Yes. In reality they wont do much if you change your mind, although its better to ask for some time to think. They are only likely to send one letter and then a contract.
Reply 2
You’ll hypothetically start working
Original post by newmanlife
Hi,

Is it usually like this:

Background checks done

it depends on the contract

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending