Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I initially applied to St Cuthbert’s but I was reallocated to University college? I can’t understand why I would have been reallocated from an undersubscribed college with a low chance of reallocation to a way oversubscribed college with a really high chance of reallocation.
    Can someone explain why this is?
    Side note: I really wanted to go to St Cuthbert’s too so this is bothering me
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by evegeog)
    I initially applied to St Cuthbert’s but I was reallocated to University college? I can’t understand why I would have been reallocated from an undersubscribed college with a low chance of reallocation to a way oversubscribed college with a really high chance of reallocation.
    Potentially due to your subject of study. All subjects are represented at all colleges.

ReputationRep:
    What course are you doing?
    (Original post by evegeog)
    What course are you doing? I also applied for Cuths, but dont have an offer/rejection yet; I'm hoping I'll get allocated there if I do get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofiee)
    What course are you doing?What course are you doing? I also applied for Cuths, but dont have an offer/rejection yet; I'm hoping I'll get allocated there if I do get an offer.
    I applied for music but bc I applied to Oxford too I sent of my application in October and heard back January so maybe it takes a few months to process. My friend applied to Durham for history and still hasn’t heard back yet

ReputationRep:
    Your subject must have had low applicants to university college so they wanted/needed someone to fill it... strange indeed, It's worth giving a call/sending an email if it bothers you that much (like if its putting you off from firming Durham) I feel like this is the one case they'd make an exception since St Cuths will probably have places and UC is way oversubscribed

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.