The Student Room Group

Would you ever give up on life and just play video games all day ?

Would you ever become a Hikikomori and one day realise that your career, reputation, friends and family, and your country are pointless and life has no meaning ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
heck yea - full hikikomori
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Life has meaning but anime is life so...
I don't think this kind of thing is something to joke about. It can be genuinely debilitating for the person isolating themselves. It is absolutely not as simple as ''realising that life is pointless''. Many instances of withdrawal may be caused by other factors such as losing one's job or slowly being driven to the fringes of society (within social confines particularly).
Reply 4
No that’s boring and pointless
a full blown who...??
Reply 6
Original post by Bang Outta Order
a full blown who...??

hikikomori
jesus i've stepped in a weaboo thread

welp. at least i Learned something new today.
As much as I can enjoy gaming doing it all the time is boring.
Original post by Nalk1573
Would you ever become a Hikikomori and one day realise that your career, reputation, friends and family, and your country are pointless and life has no meaning ?

No, because I have to eat and ensure I have a bloody roof over my head.
Reply 10
Yeah but I'd end up homeless or incredibly poor. Gotta work to pay the bills and survive, that's the way life is.
I'm glad you asked I'm currently in the process of waiting to do so I mean hell I'm mentally deteriorating. Although anime has got my back always.
In my dreams! Maybe when I retire!
Islam is the new Hikikomori.
No but ill sacrifice more time whenever i can
Reply 15
Original post by uberteknik
Islam is the new Hikikomori.

this is an interesting response

Maybe the real clash of cultures is between those with autism and those without it.
Reply 16
Original post by Bang Outta Order
jesus i've stepped in a weaboo thread

welp. at least i Learned something new today.

you are still wrong

a weeaboo is someone who admires japanese culture

I am asking people if they would give up on life and stay in their room all day because of the pressure of society.
this is an interesting response

Maybe the real clash of cultures is between those with autism and those without it.

....or simply between those with autism.
you are still wrong

a weeaboo is someone who admires japanese culture

I am asking people if they would give up on life and stay in their room all day because of the pressure of society.

what was I wrong about before..??

And saying hikikikmori or whatever the **** that is, is definitely j-lover chat
Old thread, but I'd rather stick to having a couple days a month where I purely stay in a hard-core finish some videogame, anime or TV series. It's healthy for people to have a wide variety of interests, and I couldn't just sit back and watch the world pass me by; I have to be a part of it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest