Why are a lot of my friends so poor at physical activity, is it genuine or an act?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Obviously there are strength differences as a whole between the sexes but strength is only one element of physical activity. Most women I have as friends are not very good at physical activity involving co ordination, balance and effort from my observations. Either they really do lack the skills or they are acting (to conform to a social role maybe). For example Im female myself but quite a few of the women I go to the bowling alley with have the bars up on each side. Ive never felt I needed them so don't bother, yet more often than not I still beat them at bowls lol. Their technique at bowling is poor too compared to say the average guy I see bowling. Its the same with kickboxing theres just a lack of effort and co ordination.

I grew up climbing, rollerskating, riding over ramps etc and having a kick about etc perhaps learned co ordination skills and how to be in tune with my body. I think that Ive either naturally been more capable at physical activity than most females or else owe it to all the physical activity I did when I was younger.

At the end of the day our nervous system and co ordination develops and moulds to what we do. It is true that practice makes perfect as whatever activity we do as we are growing, or even in adulthood too, moulds neural development. I think that because of this females especially should be encouraged to take part in physical activity and compete more.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Obviously there are strength differences as a whole between the sexes but strength is only one element of physical activity. Most women I have as friends are not very good at physical activity involving co ordination, balance and effort from my observations. Either they really do lack the skills or they are acting (to conform to a social role maybe). For example Im female myself but quite a few of the women I go to the bowling alley with have the bars up on each side. Ive never felt I needed them so don't bother, yet more often than not I still beat them at bowls lol. Their technique at bowling is poor too compared to say the average guy I see bowling. Its the same with kickboxing theres just a lack of effort and co ordination.

I grew up climbing, rollerskating, riding over ramps etc and having a kick about etc perhaps learned co ordination skills and how to be in tune with my body. I think that Ive either naturally been more capable at physical activity than most females or else owe it to all the physical activity I did when I was younger.

At the end of the day our nervous system and co ordination develops and moulds to what we do. It is true that practice makes perfect as whatever activity we do as we are growing, or even in adulthood too, moulds neural development. I think that because of this females especially should be encouraged to take part in physical activity and compete more.
They have just done less physical exercise. Practice would get them in shape, but they dont do enough. That simple. You do so you are fitter.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why would someone 'act' being poor at physical activity? You've pretty much answered your own question. They do less practice and perhaps haven't been taught the correct techniques so obviously won't be so good at bowling etc. This applies to everything - if someone doesn't practice maths or hasn't written in a long time, their maths and English won't be fantastic either.
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your nervous system is superior and exceeded my calculations. You must be the best at sports in the whole country wow, just look at you go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads