Turn on thread page Beta

Do looks matter in a relationship? watch

Yes
    Without an average or above look very few would be bothered to discover your underlying personality so you literally failed at the very first test
    Your face, your fate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    neil strauss managed it and he's a 4/10

neil strauss is also a famous writer and a millionaire

i wouldn't say he was a 4/10 either at the time of "The Game"

(Original post by ANM775)
    neil strauss is also a famous writer and a millionaire

i wouldn't say he was a 4/10 either at the time of "The Game"
    before he was famous though. it was his game and "personality" that got him women, not his insanely attractive egg head and beady eyes. yeah maybe 4/10 was a bit harsh but his voice is a massive turn off.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does tbh

ReputationRep:
    before he was famous though. it was his game and "personality" that got him women, not his insanely attractive egg head and beady eyes. yeah maybe 4/10 was a bit harsh but his voice is a massive turn off.

true about his voice,
    If you're a gay dude the voice is probably attractive, but to everyone else ....I agree, it's a turn-off

I remember reading The Game around 2008 and got two thirds of the way through and strauss still hadn't bagged a woman yet. He was coming close, ..but always something got in the way..

I never did finish that book in the end....

ReputationRep:
    My mate got properly into Strauss and his nonsense for a bit, he turned into a right insufferable ******* for about 2 years.

true about his voice,
    If you're a gay dude the voice is probably attractive, but to everyone else ....I agree, it's a turn-off

I remember reading The Game around 2008 and got two thirds of the way through and strauss still hadn't bagged a woman yet. He was coming close, ..but always something got in the way..

I never did finish that book in the end....
    Been years since I read it as well but worth finishing imo, shows you a darker side. I got really into pua back in the day and learnt so many techniques on picking up women which isn't always the most useful as I'm a straight girl. But I can often spot pua stuff in your posts

ReputationRep:
    Been years since I read it as well but worth finishing imo, shows you a darker side. I got really into pua back in the day and learnt so many techniques on picking up women which isn't always the most useful as I'm a straight girl. But I can often spot pua stuff in your posts

wait?what?!
    you're a girl?

and a straight one at that?

What on earth were you doing reading the game and getting into PUA?

I still remember signing upto PUA forums and meeting up with guys, going to places like Tiger Tiger etc and everytime all of us coming back with nothing to show for it, or running around leicester square in the daytime like a headless chicken doing "daygame"

None of that PUA stuff was effective imo.

I met about 3 guys out of like 100 where I would say PUA [or something] actually worked for them and they could at least regularly number close girls significantly above them. everyone else either had no success or constantly flaked on or any success they had you could attribute to their looks.

ReputationRep:
    I think the size of your wallet overrules all

ReputationRep:
    well thats the first thing you have visible ate the moment most people I know who say they only care about the personality are liers jaj
    couse then they admit wanting someone who they are attracted too
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    My mate got properly into Strauss and his nonsense for a bit, he turned into a right insufferable ******* for about 2 years.
    It is not nonsense. It works. It's based on sound principles.

And the whole gaming / Neil Strauss thing - when done well - is not just about picking up loads of women. It's about getting to know the most attractive women that you come across. It's about self confidence. It's about loving women. Really loving women. It's about treating beautiful women as equal human beings - not as inferior ones and not as superior ones.

For men, status is more important in attracting women than looks.
    OK looks is part of status, but only one part.

And, at the end of the day, who cares whether looks are more important than personality? Each person has to work with whatever they've got.

And that means doing what you reasonably can to improve your looks, personality and status.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no. Personality is more attractive than looks in my opinion. I'm 50% looks and 50% personality, so it's one or the other for me. Both put together give you the ideal person and you'd be nothing more than judgemental if you based them purely on their looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dunnig Kruger)

And the whole gaming / Neil Strauss thing - when done well - is not just about picking up loads of women. It's about getting to know the most attractive women that you come across. It's about self confidence. It's about loving women. Really loving women. It's about treating beautiful women as equal human beings - not as inferior ones and not as superior ones.

And, at the end of the day, who cares whether looks are more important than personality? Each person has to work with whatever they've got.

And that means doing what you reasonably can to improve your looks, personality and status.
    It's nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Looks play a part but attractiveness is subjective. There are people that I would find attractive that you don't and vice versa. For example I looked up Neil Strauss's wife and I think she's as average as he is. Personality does play a part too, if I had the choice of a beautiful ******* and a ugly angel. I would choose the ugly angel.

(Original post by bobbybop)
    Looks play a part but attractiveness is subjective. There are people that I would find attractive that you don't and vice versa. For example I looked up Neil Strauss's wife and I think she's as average as he is. Personality does play a part too, if I had the choice of a beautiful ******* and a ugly angel. I would choose the ugly angel.
    Haha seriously? I think she's hot. But yeah point proven

wait?what?!
    you're a girl?

and a straight one at that?

What on earth were you doing reading the game and getting into PUA?

I still remember signing upto PUA forums and meeting up with guys, going to places like Tiger Tiger etc and everytime all of us coming back with nothing to show for it, or running around leicester square in the daytime like a headless chicken doing "daygame"

None of that PUA stuff was effective imo.

I met about 3 guys out of like 100 where I would say PUA [or something] actually worked for them and they could at least regularly number close girls significantly above them. everyone else either had no success or constantly flaked on or any success they had you could attribute to their looks.
    Lol I don't know I just found it interesting. Watched a channel 4 docu called the rules of seduction and then binge watched a load of youtube videos. Kezia noble's were probably my favourite cos I actually agreed with a lot of her advice.
    How attractive would you say these 100 people were?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I don't know I just found it interesting. Watched a channel 4 docu called the rules of seduction and then binge watched a load of youtube videos. Kezia noble's were probably my favourite cos I actually agreed with a lot of her advice.
    How attractive would you say these 100 people were?

majority were around average or below average [3 to 6] ...and most were ethnic.

probably around 10% I would class 7+

looking back it's easy to see why so few were 7+
    they didn't need PUA, they were able to get by on looks

I think probably I was around a 6 in those days. tbh it can be hard to say if you're self rating.

There was this big event called The saturday sarge up in central london every weekend. I went a few times. So many guys turned up to that thing [like 50+] ...and we used to be given "talks" in the backstreets/alleyways from people well known in the industry [I remember listening to hayley quinn, tbh i swear she was giving me IOI's at one point but perhaps I imagined it lmao]

Then afterwards we would break off into small groups and start approaching. Sometimes we'd have a "coach" with us. When we would all meet up again outside Pret in leicester square to regroup ...you'd ask around "who got any numbers?" and usually only about 10% of people had gotten anything. and hardly anyone was actually successfully converting these numbers to dates either

I bumped in Yad one day when sarging too. He had a "client" with him and tbh it did not seem like things were going well.

Never did meet that Kezia woman. Shame.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dunnig Kruger)

Dude that’s total BS, PUA is about getting phone numbers and picking up lots of women, it’s deception and tricks. The guys who do it are taught routines and buzzwords that are designed to affect women in a certain way. Strauss actually makes that quite clear. The part of that book that stuck with me most is towards the end when he admits that the downside of PUA is that the women almost always leave in the end, the effects wear off and they go back to looking for the real thing. I’m not trying to sound judgemental, I think a lot of people go through PUA phase at some point but don’t try and convince me that it’s about loving and respecting women.

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know about straight girls but I’m a gay guy and I like men despite their look. I find some men just attractive by nature and some men I hate touching them. It’s the soul that is attractive not the appearance something about the face
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

majority were around average or below average [3 to 6] ...and most were ethnic.

probably around 10% I would class 7+

looking back it's easy to see why so few were 7+
    they didn't need PUA, they were able to get by on looks

I think probably I was around a 6 in those days. tbh it can be hard to say if you're self rating.

There was this big event called The saturday sarge up in central london every weekend. I went a few times. So many guys turned up to that thing [like 50+] ...and we used to be given "talks" in the backstreets/alleyways from people well known in the industry [I remember listening to hayley quinn, tbh i swear she was giving me IOI's at one point but perhaps I imagined it lmao]

Then afterwards we would break off into small groups and start approaching. Sometimes we'd have a "coach" with us. When we would all meet up again outside Pret in leicester square to regroup ...you'd ask around "who got any numbers?" and usually only about 10% of people had gotten anything. and hardly anyone was actually successfully converting these numbers to dates either

I bumped in Yad one day when sarging too. He had a "client" with him and tbh it did not seem like things were going well.

Never did meet that Kezia woman. Shame.....
    I'm not surprised it was unsuccessful, most girls simply don't want to be stopped on the street in the daytime. Especially by some 5/10 guy awkwardly hovering around, clearly on the pull. I think it's probably still good practice though and gets you out your comfort zone. A lot of pua stuff is just common sense and things a lot of guys do naturally but I think it can still be good for guys who are useless, may as well get as much help as they can get. And lol hayley is a massive tease so I can definitely imagine that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.