Turn on thread page Beta

Love yourself before you wreck yourself! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking back to a time when a secondary school teacher mentioned how job hunting is soul-destroying. I feel much happier framing it in my head as simply not giving a ****. Your career is NOT a reflection of your self-worth as a person. I mean why care what perception someone else holds about you? They don't know the full story of you. For instance, i recently really got into reading about pharmacology and physiology (just as a hobby, not my job/course), i surprised myself how i managed to actually self-teach myself. I probably know more than 90% of the population at this point. Think the person who says some random negative **** to me can do that?

Anyway, point is. Don't let other people live in your head rent-free! You'll be much happier with yourself if you just accept yourself for the way you are, and recognise the fact that there is no static version of you and you're constantly in a state of change

ReputationRep:
    My job is a reflection of my self worth in a way (or at the very least, a reflection of my self), it goes with the territory.

ReputationRep:
    Change isn't always a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Broken)
    Change isn't always a good thing.
    I imagine change to be an inevitability in life i'm afraid.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You're probably right. My job includes helping the disabled or mentally ill improve their financial situation, which makes me sound like a really nice guy. I'm not, I'm a c***.

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: :laugh: ^

ReputationRep:
    If only it was that easy :teehee:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.