The Student Room Group

Durham Education Studies with...

Dear parents,
I am very interested in your opinion in education studies with history course in Durham: quality of subjects covered and teaching, umployability (considering the area of studies she would like to follow)...
My daughter applied for IR and got rejected but she was offered the opportunity to change course and she is now applying for Education Studies with History. She is waiting the decision from the department. Her idea is later to try to change courses and if not possible and if accept this one she is thinking of take a MA is International Relations. I heard that some students took this path. Durham is her most favourite university however she have a few offers from other great universities, including UCL and Kings. Any thoughts will be very much appreciate, I really need and wish to guide her well in this dicision of hers. Thank you.
Original post by Waterdog
Dear parents,
I am very interested in your opinion in education studies with history course in Durham: quality of subjects covered and teaching, umployability (considering the area of studies she would like to follow)...
My daughter applied for IR and got rejected but she was offered the opportunity to change course and she is now applying for Education Studies with History. She is waiting the decision from the department. Her idea is later to try to change courses and if not possible and if accept this one she is thinking of take a MA is International Relations. I heard that some students took this path. Durham is her most favourite university however she have a few offers from other great universities, including UCL and Kings. Any thoughts will be very much appreciate, I really need and wish to guide her well in this dicision of hers. Thank you.

These courses have no connection with one another. This isn't a case of being offered a related course that is slightly less in demand. This is obviously a course Durham is desperate to fill.

You daughter cannot assume she would be allowed to switch into something more congenial. They want students to keep the course she has been offered viable. They aren't going to let everyone run off elsewhere as soon as they can.

The key question is does your daughter have any interest in the history and theory of education? If not, don't touch it with a barge pole. Remember, the 3rd year dissertation, the highlight of the course must be done on education, not history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending