Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For those who have done EPQ before, do the teachers or markers click on every link you put in the bibliography and read every word of it to see if I referenced it in my essay.
    Surely, they won't read a lot of pages to see where I found my information. Therefore, I was thinking I could make up a bit of my research because it takes a lot of time to find the right resource. I wont make up all of them, I will do it carefully to avoid anything bad happening

What do you think???
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by jkljeril)
    For those who have done EPQ before, do the teachers or markers click on every link you put in the bibliography and read every word of it to see if I referenced it in my essay.
    Surely, they won't read a lot of pages to see where I found my information. Therefore, I was thinking I could make up a bit of my research because it takes a lot of time to find the right resource. I wont make up all of them, I will do it carefully to avoid anything bad happening

What do you think???
    A really stupid idea. If you get caught then it will be on the same level as plagiarism as you are attempting to deceive the examiner. You could easily be failed. If you did the same at uni, then again you could easily be failed or worse.

Research is 50% of your EPQ. You are less likely to be checked at A level but it is risky and they arent as stupid as you seem to think.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by jkljeril)

What do you think???
    It's usually quite obvious if you've made up a reference I think.

Moreover, academic misconduct like that even at school level can result in you being stripped of your qualificiations from that exam board (including previous ones) I believe.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.