The Student Room Group

Home Fees or not?

I've read the requirements on college websites over and over, and the only problem seems to be that I haven't been in the UK for three years prior to applying.

I am a British citizen in india, we moved here a few years ago because of my moms work (she's a government teacher). We do have property and pay taxes in the UK, so would that be enough to make me eligible for home fees? I understand that circumstances matter and exceptions can be made.

It might differ from uni to uni but I'd like to know my chances of getting home fee status.
Original post by ria2
I've read the requirements on college websites over and over, and the only problem seems to be that I haven't been in the UK for three years prior to applying.

I am a British citizen in india, we moved here a few years ago because of my moms work (she's a government teacher). We do have property and pay taxes in the UK, so would that be enough to make me eligible for home fees? I understand that circumstances matter and exceptions can be made.

It might differ from uni to uni but I'd like to know my chances of getting home fee status.

Hi Ria,

To qualify for Higher Education support as a home student, you must meet the following standard residency requirements.

UK Nationals must be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course and

be ordinarily resident in the UK on the first day of the first academic year of the course.

Depending on the circumstances the student may be eligible to apply for Student Support if they have been outside the EU/EEA on a temporary break. Students will be required to provide evidence of their temporary break regardless of the length of time they were temporary absent for. If your mother is on a temporary contract we would require evidence of this in order for this to be considered. If the contract is of a permanent basis then you would not be eligible for funding from Student Finance based on you residency.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending