Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone giving their exams on 2018 may from edexcel exam board. im homeschooled so i thought maybe we can share tips and tricks for the exams.

anyone else homescchooled?

ReputationRep:
    I'm self studying Edexcel Human Biology. What subjects are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilingWombat)
    biology, chemistry, physics, maths b, english language b and bangla

ReputationRep:
    are you self studying all the subs or just human bio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cieloceleste)
    are you self studying all the subs or just human bio
    Just the Human Biology. I'm a mature student so will be starting an Access to HE course in September. One of my university choices requires English, Maths and a Science GCSE or equivalent in addition to the access course. I already did Maths and English last year, so completing the Human Biology this year so that I can meet all the entry requirements.

How are you enjoying home education, do you know what you want to do after GCSEs? I home educated my son for two years and he really enjoyed it, he's at college now and enjoying it there too.

ReputationRep:
    Just the Human Biology. I'm a mature student so will be starting an Access to HE course in September. One of my university choices requires English, Maths and a Science GCSE or equivalent in addition to the access course. I already did Maths and English last year, so completing the Human Biology this year so that I can meet all the entry requirements.

How are you enjoying home education, do you know what you want to do after GCSEs? I home educated my son for two years and he really enjoyed it, he's at college now and enjoying it there too.
    i was thinking about doing bio, chem and physics for Alevels. home education is good but im kinda struggling to know how well im prepared for the exam.

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking about doing bio, chem and physics for Alevels. home education is good but im kinda struggling to know how well im prepared for the exam.
    It's difficult when you can't compare to others in a class, but I think that has advantages too. Schools tend to do a mock exam which is a past paper that students haven't seen before, so I guess you could do the same and that should give you an idea of what grades you might achieve. It really is just a guide though and students often do better or worse on exam day. Will you be writing your exam at a school/college venue? If you will be, it's good to get a feel of the hall, how it will be laid out etc. Maybe arrange for a visit before exam day so you know what your surroundings will look like as it helps with nerves if you can minimise anything unfamiliar and new. Also make sure you read all the guidelines of what you can and can't do, see-through pencil case, etc.

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult when you can't compare to others in a class, but I think that has advantages too. Schools tend to do a mock exam which is a past paper that students haven't seen before, so I guess you could do the same and that should give you an idea of what grades you might achieve. It really is just a guide though and students often do better or worse on exam day. Will you be writing your exam at a school/college venue? If you will be, it's good to get a feel of the hall, how it will be laid out etc. Maybe arrange for a visit before exam day so you know what your surroundings will look like as it helps with nerves if you can minimise anything unfamiliar and new. Also make sure you read all the guidelines of what you can and can't do, see-through pencil case, etc.
    thank you very much for ur suggestions, i'll keep them in mind. yup i'll be writing my exam at school. thanks again!!!

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone giving their exams on 2018 may from edexcel exam board. im homeschooled so i thought maybe we can share tips and tricks for the exams.

anyone else homescchooled?
    Me✋

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taurean15)
    Me✋
    yay! whaat are your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    yay! whaat are your subjects?
    English Language B/Maths/Physics/Chem/ICT

ReputationRep:
    English Language B/Maths/Physics/Chem/ICT
    what technique are you using to study of the subjects?

ReputationRep:
    what technique are you using to study of the subjects?
    Tbh,I havent really started my preparation.Physics and Maths are my weak point,I am relying on pastpapers for that.As for Chemistry,I will be using the edexcel book as well as reference books and language is quite easy,not a problem there.Wby?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh,I havent really started my preparation.Physics and Maths are my weak point,I am relying on pastpapers for that.As for Chemistry,I will be using the edexcel book as well as reference books and language is quite easy,not a problem there.Wby?
    im struggling with maths and english, for the science subjects im just doing pastpaper and going through my notes.

ReputationRep:
    how much have you done already? English is easy,the specification that we are going to give has only one comparision in section A. Wection B is either an article/report/speech/talk/letter and section C is the story writing.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    how much have you done already? English is easy,the specification that we are going to give has only one comparision in section A. Wection B is either an article/report/speech/talk/letter and section C is the story writing.
    im done with almost all of the past papers for sciences , im just doing them again for extra practice and correcting my mistakes. As im home schooled i have no idea my level of writing in english so i was wondering if u could share an essay with me. i would highly appreciate!

ReputationRep:
    well umm, I dont have an essay but I was a literature student.I can send you an answer to make you have an idea of my english writing.

ReputationRep:
    well umm, I dont have an essay but I was a literature student.I can send you an answer to make you have an idea of my english writing.
    that would be great thank you! But like didnt u complete any english language b past paper?

ReputationRep:
    Let me find something then.I have not even started yet,I told you.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2018-02-09-17-39-39-compressed.png.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  140.5 KB

that's just a rough format of the story,I tried to write so skip the punctuation errors.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.