Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing maths GCSE edexcel and I'm not sure whether I should do higher or foundation please help me out I need a maths partner. I'm not in college or school I compteled both and preparing for university.

ReputationRep:
    Actually,I am doing edexcel IGCSE,we dont have the foundation or higher tier system in it. You should check out the specification for that.I would be glad to be of help.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cieloceleste)
    is there anyone giving their exams on 2018 may from edexcel exam board. im homeschooled so i thought maybe we can share tips and tricks for the exams.

anyone else homescchooled?
    I will be sitting IGCSE exams in May/June too. Are you nervous? I'm kinda stressed ATM lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadelrx)
    I will be sitting IGCSE exams in May/June too. Are you nervous? I'm kinda stressed ATM lol.
    yup im very much nervous specially for english and maths. what are ur subs?

ReputationRep:
    yup im very much nervous specially for english and maths. what are ur subs?
    I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths A this year and English language and Geography next year. I'm nervous about maths and chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    well same, I am nervous about physics and maths but I am giving maths b.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the topic of magnetism and motors in physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taurean15)
    well same, I am nervous about physics and maths but I am giving maths b.
    Do you know what the difference is between Maths A and B? I went with maths a because most people I saw took that. I'm still revising until april and magnetism is one of the last sections so I haven't fully learnt it yet but from what I remember about it, it is quite tricky to get your head around.

ReputationRep:
    Well,thee books are different,a little changes in the topics. Hope you do it well.

ReputationRep:
    What's your plan after igcses?

ReputationRep:
    Well,thee books are different,a little changes in the topics. Hope you do it well.
    Thank you. You too. What topics do you struggle with in maths? After IGCSES I'm probably going to college to study applied science, I haven't fully made my mind up though. My plans are always changing I always overthink things. What are your plans?

ReputationRep:
    mostly vectors,bearings and cubic graphs.Same,I don't have an exact plan,I will be leaving it on the grades.

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 723780

that's just a rough format of the story,I tried to write so skip the punctuation errors.
    thank you, i really appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you have any tips for remembering experiments? There are quite a lot of them to remember across all of the sciences. We don't know which ones will be in the exam so I feel like I should know each step for every experiment 😫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadelrx)
    Do any of you have any tips for remembering experiments? There are quite a lot of them to remember across all of the sciences. We don't know which ones will be in the exam so I feel like I should know each step for every experiment 😫
    same im hopeless with the experiments! im just trying to memorise some of them

ReputationRep:
    Hey.....so I finished my exams in Jan and I just wanna say the past papers are pure gold. They help loads, go through all years and memorize the mark schemes cuz that really helps you out a lot. There are some questions every year with similar answers, especially in chem. Train yourself to give the best application level answers in physics, its always got nasty mark schemes.

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone giving their exams on 2018 may from edexcel exam board. im homeschooled so i thought maybe we can share tips and tricks for the exams.

anyone else homescchooled?
    me I'm doing igcse Edexcel bio ,chem and physics
    aqa maths and aqa English lit and Edexcel lang
    tip have you heard of a lady called hazel she does youtube vids for igcse sciences shes really good i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felicie)
    Hey.....so I finished my exams in Jan and I just wanna say the past papers are pure gold. They help loads, go through all years and memorize the mark schemes cuz that really helps you out a lot. There are some questions every year with similar answers, especially in chem. Train yourself to give the best application level answers in physics, its always got nasty mark schemes.
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummarahman)
    me I'm doing igcse Edexcel bio ,chem and physics
    aqa maths and aqa English lit and Edexcel lang
    tip have you heard of a lady called hazel she does youtube vids for igcse sciences shes really good i think
    yup! hazel is a life saver XD
    what revision technique are you using for bio, chem and physics?

ReputationRep:
    n
    yup! hazel is a life saver XD
    what revision technique are you using for bio, chem and physics?
    so the techniques I find useful are
    -mindmaps, so let's say I'm doing a chapter on the heart I'll try and make a mindmap(A3 paper) with all the info from the chapter the key parts, words, cycles...anything u think will be useful, then after that, i try and summaries the chapter on an A4 paper then after that I try and shrink all the KEY IMPORTANT ideas on a couple of flashcards
    -another way is to teach somebody or study with them so....if u have a younger sibling or parent just try and teach them I cant guarantee they like it but I find it helps me I even once got my nan to listen to me (she doesn't understand English lol)
    lastly, try TO UNDERSTAND and NOT MEMORIES
    if u understand a concept and u cant recall all the info it doesn't matter the thing that matters is that u understand once u do it will come automatically to u
    also, best of luck wish me luck too

if u need any help my doors open

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.