Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummarahman)
    n

so the techniques I find useful are
    -mindmaps, so let's say I'm doing a chapter on the heart I'll try and make a mindmap(A3 paper) with all the info from the chapter the key parts, words, cycles...anything u think will be useful, then after that, i try and summaries the chapter on an A4 paper then after that I try and shrink all the KEY IMPORTANT ideas on a couple of flashcards
    -another way is to teach somebody or study with them so....if u have a younger sibling or parent just try and teach them I cant guarantee they like it but I find it helps me I even once got my nan to listen to me (she doesn't understand English lol)
    lastly, try TO UNDERSTAND and NOT MEMORIES
    if u understand a concept and u cant recall all the info it doesn't matter the thing that matters is that u understand once u do it will come automatically to u
    also, best of luck wish me luck too

if u need any help my doors open
    good luck! thank you very much for the tips i highly appreciate it
    btw how are you tackling with the experiments?

ReputationRep:
    t
    (Original post by cieloceleste)
    good luck! thank you very much for the tips i highly appreciate it
    btw how are you tackling with the experiments?
    thank you ur most welcome
    ahh experiments their really tricky since u don't to practicals
    the way I go about them is I first look up a practical on youtube then I try and understand EACH different step and what happens I write instructions with all the info I learnt via books and vids so when I come back to revise I have everything I need (by the way this is for chemistry)
    also, try and do a couple of easy practicals eg i bought universal indicator paper from Amazon for about a pound and did a couple tests on household items another experiment u could do is chromography...so on sometimes even just doing random experiments maybe not to do with ur spec is good so u understand its not a theory its real the biggest problem i find ppl who do igcsse have is that they its a theory which its not.

obviously, for investigation, u have corms to follow

hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    t

thank you ur most welcome
    ahh experiments their really tricky since u don't to practicals
    the way I go about them is I first look up a practical on youtube then I try and understand EACH different step and what happens I write instructions with all the info I learnt via books and vids so when I come back to revise I have everything I need (by the way this is for chemistry)
    also, try and do a couple of easy practicals eg i bought universal indicator paper from Amazon for about a pound and did a couple tests on household items another experiment u could do is chromography...so on sometimes even just doing random experiments maybe not to do with ur spec is good so u understand its not a theory its real the biggest problem i find ppl who do igcsse have is that they its a theory which its not.

obviously, for investigation, u have corms to follow

hope it helps
    yes this helps me a lot! thank you for taking your time to answer my question
    btw where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    yes this helps me a lot! thank you for taking your time to answer my question
    btw where are you from?
    its fine ur welcome
    England, Hampshire u?

ReputationRep:
    its fine ur welcome
    England, Hampshire u?
    italy

ReputationRep:
    italy
    ahh cool are u originally from the UK hoping to come back and study her or originally from Italy and planning on doing higher education in the UK also how do you sit ur exams ?

ReputationRep:
    ahh cool are u originally from the UK hoping to come back and study her or originally from Italy and planning on doing higher education in the UK also how do you sit ur exams ?
    im originally from bangladesh living in italy, i'll be giving my exams through british council. I think i'll be doing uni in here in italy. how about u? any plans for uni yet? I personally would like to go in the field of medicine.

ReputationRep:
    im originally from bangladesh living in italy, i'll be giving my exams through british council. I think i'll be doing uni in here in italy. how about u? any plans for uni yet? I personally would like to go in the field of medicine.
    omg really my parents are originally from Bangladesh lol though i cant speak Bangla to save my life
    cool don't know yet about uni but really want to do something in science either bio or chem
    medicine cool

ReputationRep:
    omg really my parents are originally from Bangladesh lol though i cant speak Bangla to save my life
    cool don't know yet about uni but really want to do something in science either bio or chem
    medicine cool
    same i cant speak bangla aswell

ReputationRep:
    same i cant speak bangla aswell
    but weren't you born in Bangladesh?

ReputationRep:
    but weren't you born in Bangladesh?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    nope
    ah cool so ur born in Italy
    what it like there

ReputationRep:
    ah cool so ur born in Italy
    what it like there
    um good, how is england?

ReputationRep:
    is there anyone giving their exams on 2018 may from edexcel exam board. im homeschooled so i thought maybe we can share tips and tricks for the exams.

anyone else homescchooled?
    yeppp but not homeschooled, please give me motivation and tips lol.

ReputationRep:
    i am taking
    English As a second Language

Arabic First Language

Math

Business

Information Communication Technology

Biology

Chemistry

Physics

Predictions:

7 or 8 A stars

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.