Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got talking to a girl on tinder yesterday morning. We were talking for ages and got on really well so I asked her out for a drink for later in the week. She said she'd prefer to do something else since she doesn't drink and mentioned that she wasn't looking for anything serious and only wanted a fwb so I suggested watching a movie. She agreed and told me we could watch it at hers. Then she starts saying she wishes she had something to do tonight (as in last night) so I asked if she wanted me to come round then instead. She then started saying I was being too forward so I apologised.

About an hour later she said I could come round that night so we made plans to meet in town then go back to hers. It was then getting late so she asked if it was too late for me. I told her it is fine with me as long as she still wants to meet. She said I was being too forward and it was seeming very creepy.

I don't get how I was being creepy when it was her idea for me to go to hers that night. Later in the night she said she was too tired and didn't want to meet up and that I should stop being so forward with people because it was very creepy.

Is she right and am I in the wrong or was she overreacting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael1010)
    I got talking to a girl on tinder yesterday morning. We were talking for ages and got on really well so I asked her out for a drink for later in the week. She said she'd prefer to do something else since she doesn't drink and mentioned that she wasn't looking for anything serious and only wanted a fwb so I suggested watching a movie. She agreed and told me we could watch it at hers. Then she starts saying she wishes she had something to do tonight (as in last night) so I asked if she wanted me to come round then instead. She then started saying I was being too forward so I apologised.

About an hour later she said I could come round that night so we made plans to meet in town then go back to hers. It was then getting late so she asked if it was too late for me. I told her it is fine with me as long as she still wants to meet. She said I was being too forward and it was seeming very creepy.

I don't get how I was being creepy when it was her idea for me to go to hers that night. Later in the night she said she was too tired and didn't want to meet up and that I should stop being so forward with people because it was very creepy.

Is she right and am I in the wrong or was she overreacting?
    Shes just playing weird girl games with you where she basically wants just sex but she can't get over in her mind how much of a slut she feels like for it (even though people shouldn't feel like sluts for wanting casual sex).

Although its a blatant lie the trick in this situation is just to confidently re-frame the meeting as nothing but a platonic hangout. Its a bit sad and stupid that people can't just be honest with what they want but it gives her plausible deniability about the meeting which is all she really wants.

ReputationRep:
    she sounds like someone who has mixed emotions. do you think that she is possibly trying to get over an ex and keeps on chickening out when meeting you? maybe she's scared of getting hurt, she could even be looking for attention?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    According to her she has had a fwb before but is still a virgin so she has done everything but sex. She said she still didn't want to have sex but wanted to meet up and do other stuff and just stop before it got to sex which I told her I was completely fine with. Once we arranged to meet last night she just kept agreeing and saying she was looking forward to it and couldn't wait then randomly saying I was being too forward and creepy and was far too persistent just because she said it might be too late to meet up and I said I was still good to meet if she wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. She's the one calling you creepy when she is suggesting it? Tell her to stop playing games or you'll just find someone else. It's a fwb for god sake she needs to get real about her intent. If she wants a guy who isn't forward she should take it slow and NOT go on tinder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashkent46)
    Wow. She's the one calling you creepy when she is suggesting it? Tell her to stop playing games or you'll just find someone else. It's a fwb for god sake she needs to get real about her intent. If she wants a guy who isn't forward she should take it slow and NOT go on tinder.
    Yeah thats what I said to her. I don't see the point of not being forward on tinder especially after she said she only wants a fwb. Once she said she didn't want to meet last night I said fine and we arranged it fro Thursday instead then she kept messaging me asking what I was up to and telling me how bored she was and that she wishes she had something to do so I suggested meeting up last night again and she agreed. Then when she asked if it was too late and I said I din;t mind if it was still good with her apparently I was being too forward and was creepy.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds weird. Point out to her that she asked a question. Also ask her why she thinks it's creepy. I mean it isn't like this girl means a huge amount to you so there isn't much point in trying to keep the connection between you there.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    There’s quite a few posibilities here:

1) She has mixed feelings about you
    2) She’s not ready to have sex
    3) She’s just playing mind games (people like this are the worst...)
    4) She just wants attention and has no intention of meeting you
    5) She’s psychotic

ReputationRep:
    quite honestly I don't think she's worth it. she's definitely trying to string you along. she obviously doesn't know what she wants.
    decision is up to you though just think about it.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.