Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have your say: Four things to do and one thing not to do this half term watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Here's where you can post a comment about our Four things to do and one thing not to do this half term article.

Read the full Four things to do and one thing not to do this half term article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Procrastinate
    Procrastinate
    Procrastinate
    Procrastinate
    Procrastinate

ReputationRep:
    I need to get up to date with my BTEC Sports coursework.

ReputationRep:
    !!!!SKIING!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Procrastinate
    Procrastinate
    Procrastinate
    Procrastinate
    Procrastinate
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    I’m going to do quite a lot of revision cause some of my mocks weren’t the best

ReputationRep:
    Who else is gonna go hard with revision this half term?? If so how many hours a day are you doing and are you doing all subjects or just ones you're unsure about?

ReputationRep:
    You should normally and try and do 2hrs of revision for each subject. At lest that's what my sixth form tells us.

ReputationRep:
    What's a half term?

:cry:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Got to revise all my subjects and rewrite some notes. Got Mocks coming up in March :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    revision for subjects for mocks in Feb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -David.S-)
    Who else is gonna go hard with revision this half term?? If so how many hours a day are you doing and are you doing all subjects or just ones you're unsure about?
    im just making revision material like notes and cue cards etc so that when school starts i know i have everything to revise from. ive made a list of stuff to do so idk how many hours per day, but quite a bit with obviously still time to relax

ReputationRep:
    how come your mocks are so far away??my mocks were in december

ReputationRep:
    They probably meant their second round of mocks. We have two, PPE1s and PPE2s before our actual GCSEs. The first round are in December time and the second round are in February/March time.

ReputationRep:
    About 5 or 6 hours and all my subjects but obviously spending more time on the ones that aren’t going so well
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    tbh most of it might be because colleges and high school deadlines for coursework - I know in my half term last year it was intense writing and final edits to get it to the best quality to be handed in on the first day back.

Although this year it's different because I might end up re-sitting a paper and teaching it to myself in the space of 4 months.

ReputationRep:
    I will watch tv

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.