Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been put in for the Japanese GCSE exams (current 2012 linear spec from Edexcel, not new spec with exams in 2019) and I've got a few questions regarding the units:

Unit 2: Speaking in Japanese
    I've chosen two picture-based tasks related to media, travel and culture and I was wondering if I'd have to bring the pictures in myself. How exactly will the exam be carried out? I haven't been told about the actual proceedings...

Unit 4: Writing in Japanese
    I've had a look at lots of past papers and seem pretty secure on how Units 1 and 3 work, but Unit 4's papers mention the allowed use of 'appropriate bilingual dictionaries' which confuses me. Am I going to be allowed a full-on dictionary in the exam? This seems insane!

Can anyone who has taken the exam or with knowledge of the course please help me out? It'd be much appreciated, especially if I can be pointed to some helpful resources!

ReputationRep:
    I've moved this into the Foreign Languages forum for you Hopefully someone will be able to help you out here!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Hope someone gives me advice ^^
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 8, 2018

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.