Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've been put in for the Japanese GCSE exams (current 2012 linear spec from Edexcel, not new spec with exams in 2019) and I've got a few questions regarding the units:

Unit 2: Speaking in Japanese
    I've chosen two picture-based tasks related to media, travel and culture and I was wondering if I'd have to bring the pictures in myself. How exactly will the exam be carried out? I haven't been told about the actual proceedings...

Unit 4: Writing in Japanese
    I've had a look at lots of past papers and seem pretty secure on how Units 1 and 3 work, but Unit 4's papers mention the allowed use of 'appropriate bilingual dictionaries' which confuses me. Am I going to be allowed a full-on dictionary in the exam? This seems insane!

Can anyone who has taken the exam or with knowledge of the course please help me out? It'd be much appreciated, especially if I can be pointed to some helpful resources!

• TSR Community Team

TSR Community Team
    I've moved this into the Foreign Languages forum for you Hopefully someone will be able to help you out here!

Thanks! Hope someone gives me advice ^^
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.