Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I’ve tried so many ways to revise but none of them are working, what should I do?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Georgia_mae_)
    I’ve tried so many ways to revise but none of them are working, what should I do?
    There are only two tasks you have to do:

1. Learn the core material. That is understand it an then make a set of condensed notes to revise from. Yu can also use revision books, mind maps, videos, flash cards or any other methods which suits you to get a grip on the material.

2. You then need to get used to applying that knowledge by doing exam questions or workbooks. Practice, mark, id where you lost marks and practice again.

It helps if you have a revision plan to jeep a track on your workload as well as being consistent in the time spent. Have faith in your plan and put the hours in and that should get you there.

Use online resources! They are so good - make revision much more engaging and means you end up remembering more. I find they just give more variety and the testing helps me actually learn it. Lots of them will tailor the testing to things you've got wrong in the past, and tell you which subjects or topics you need to spend more time on. Means you don't have to concentrate too hard on the planning side, so just crack on with the work.
    There are lots you have to pay for, but I've come across https://senecalearning.com/ which apparently does all that the paid ones do and more, for free. It's apparently being launched start of March, but you can sign up now and get early access..
    Also, simple things like watching YouTube videos on a topic rather than just reading about it in text books and in your notes can be really effective. improves understanding, as explains it in a slightly different way, and makes it more memorable. Hope this helps

Get a whiteboard and "teach"
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.