Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello to my fellow students on TSR,

I wanted to know how the MFPE program compares with the regular MFin programme at the LSE from those doing one of the programmes/insiders/anyone else before applying. I know that module wise, they are virtually identical save one module. Similarily, they are very close acceptance rate wise and are exactly the same in terms of fees.

However, how does it compare for someone looking at a job in the usual industries (PE/Investment Banking/Consulting). On first glance, while it may look to be better than the regular MFin programme because PE firms naturally will prefer it and so might Inv.Banking teams (since most join Ibanking for the exit oppurtunity to PE), there might also be the flip side of the coin where firms might look for an established programme.

While the MFPE is almost a decade old, the MFin Programme is even older and is considered the flagship LSE programme. In light of this, are the marginal benefits of having the PE in the degree name worth it in terms of tangible oppurtunities?

I also know that getting in any one is a very hard task and I am well aware of this difficulty.

Thanks so much in advance. Really appreciate this.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.