The Student Room Group

HMC or HFA meat

So I've been told HFA isn't actually halal. They stun the meat.

What's the ruling on halal meat?

Is HFA halal?

Why do places use both if Only HMC is halal?
Original post by Anxnymous

Is HFA halal?

Because they want to deceive the public. HMC itself is reliable, due to the manner in which they carry out their procedures.

HFA does not get checked regularly so how does individual rely upon such services. HMC on the other hand, they have a certificate displayed at the butchers or shops with months and stamped so that customers can rely upon such services. And their websites are also maintained regularly.

Need I go on?
Reply 2
Original post by MiszshorTea786
Because they want to deceive the public. HMC itself is reliable, due to the manner in which they carry out their procedures.

HFA does not get checked regularly so how does individual rely upon such services. HMC on the other hand, they have a certificate displayed at the butchers or shops with months and stamped so that customers can rely upon such services. And their websites are also maintained regularly.

Need I go on?

So I was in subway today and I asked the Muslim woman whether they used HMC or HFA. She clearly stated that they do not use HMC however they have a certificate from the Department of Halal Certification based in Ireland..

How do they go about slaughtering the animals?
So I was in subway today and I asked the Muslim woman whether they used HMC or HFA. She clearly stated that they do not use HMC however they have a certificate from the Department of Halal Certification based in Ireland..

How do they go about slaughtering the animals?

Subway is not HMC. It's HFA. Check on the HMC website there's no mention of subway at all.

Even so, subway does not have the yellow HMC sticker at their forefront, alongside the monthly certificate board that's also meant to be displayed.

If it's the department of Halal certification it's not HMC. I have not a clue on how they slaughter their animals considering I am not there however I have heard that HFA stuns the animal.

Is HFA halal?

Go vegan to avoid the issue altogether and reduce the suffering and loss of life of your fellow sentient beings you cause at the same time.
Reply 5
Subway is not HMC. It's HFA. Check on the HMC website there's no mention of subway at all.

Even so, subway does not have the yellow HMC sticker at their forefront, alongside the monthly certificate board that's also meant to be displayed.

If it's the department of Halal certification it's not HMC. I have not a clue on how they slaughter their animals considering I am not there however I have heard that HFA stuns the animal.

Yeah I had doubts it wasn't HMC. I will have to do some research on the Department of Halal Certification..

Also have you heard of German Donner Kebab? Do you know whether they use HMC or HFA?
Reply 6
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Go vegan to avoid the issue altogether and reduce the suffering and loss of life of your fellow sentient beings you cause at the same time.

I'm a part-time vegetarian.

Quick Reply

Latest