Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks, thanks in advance for your help. I'm 24 and really want to be a primary teacher. I studied music technology and am applying for a postgraduate as well as volunteering in local schools. Problem is although I passed everything else pretty easy I have been trying to resit one module I failed. Got my results back today for my third try and I failed again. Genuinely tried my best and I don't think I can ever pass this. Don't know what to do as I can't do a postgraduate without a degree, and If I restart a primary education course I'll be 30 before I have a job. Anyone else in a similar situation ?

ReputationRep:
    Was the module particularly difficult if you failed three times? Without getting your degree, it will be hard to get a place for postgraduate teaching.

Have you considered other routes to teaching? What about doing another undergraduate degree in teaching if you have the money? Age shouldn't be a problem if this the path you want to pursue?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, thanks. The module is very computer program orientated, easy for some, but a nightmare for me, although I was pretty confident I had done well this time. To do an undergraduate degree I would have to do an access course due to recieving an AABC in highschool. It's something I'm considering but seeing as IV missed the application cut off date due to (naively) hoping I'd get a postgraduate position it's going to be a long way away. Money is a bit of a problem, I work full time currently and struggle to save enough to support myself for 4 years
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Moved to University life.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry didn't know where to put this

ReputationRep:
    Sorry didn't know where to put this, thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by smithdc94)
    Sorry didn't know where to put this, thanks
    That's okay, it can be difficult to navigate your way around TSR to begin with.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :bump:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.