Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would like to ask the difference between computer science G400 and G401. Because I applied for G400 with 3 year duration and will I be able to have 1 industrial placement year?! or I shouldve written G401 ?!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Eazy-ee)
    Hi, I would like to ask the difference between computer science G400 and G401. Because I applied for G400 with 3 year duration and will I be able to have 1 industrial placement year?! or I shouldve written G401 ?!
    Hi!

The G400 course is a three year taught Computer Science course. The G401 Computer Science Course with integrated year in industry is a 4 year course - which means that the first two years are taught, and during the third year, students will be taking part in an Integrated Industrial and Professional Training Year, and then back to University for their 4th year to finish their degree.

If you have any further questions about the differences between the two courses, contact the Department of Computer Science for more information. They can be reached by telephone on 01970 622424, or by e-mailing [email protected].

Lleucu :rose:

ReputationRep:
    2nd Year Comp Sci on the 3 Year Scheme here.

You can switch to the scheme with the industrial year if you find a placement (and likelise, switch from the 4 year scheme to the 3 year scheme if you don't find a placement/dont want to do a placement year). You just contact your tutor and fill out a form if you want to do this.

Or you can just take a year out, stay on the 3 year scheme, but do a placement scheme.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.