Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who else is going LSHTM this September??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipiliro payesa)
    Have you heard back from LSHTM yet? I applied for the MSc. Public Health the first week of December and haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magpie94)
    Have you heard back from LSHTM yet? I applied for the MSc. Public Health the first week of December and haven't heard anything yet.
    It can take up to 8 weeks to hear back (excl Christmas break). I would give it perhaps another week (depending on the date you applied) and then contact the admissions team.

Amber (LSHTM student ambassador 17/18)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chipiliro payesa)
    I just got accepted to LSHTM, UCL, and Imperial last week and having a hard time deciding, although I am inclining towards LSHTM. Hoping to make a final decision and accept an offer soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaniecs)
    I just got accepted to LSHTM, UCL, and Imperial last week and having a hard time deciding, although I am inclining towards LSHTM. Hoping to make a final decision and accept an offer soon.
    Hey thaniecs.
    I’m a current MSc student at LSHTM.
    I can’t give advice on UCL or Imperial (as I don’t know their msc programmes) but anything about LSHTM you’d like to know?
    If there’s a particular masters you’re doing, I should be able to point you in the right direction if I’m unable to answer your qs!
    Cheers
    A

ReputationRep:
    I accepted my place today

ReputationRep:
    Hey,I got a place Msc public health at LSHTM distance learning program.. does anyone have any feedback on the distance learning track? Also is it competitive to get into?? Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by yazlerz)
    Hey,I got a place Msc public health at LSHTM distance learning program.. does anyone have any feedback on the distance learning track? Also is it competitive to get into?? Thanks!
    Congratulations on receiving your offer! If you would like to connect with a current Public Health by distance learning student, you are welcome to contact our student ambassador to find out about her experiences.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a part-time student at LSHTM on the MSc Public Health course. I only received my offer in late August last year, by which time I had assumed I wasn't going to get one. It's a great college - standards are very high and I'm still full of respect for the place after a year there, but be warned, they work you hard!

ReputationRep:
    Btw, LSHTM has, again, been ranked 3rd in the world for Public Health, after Harvard and Johns Hopkins.
    If you don't get a place this year, I'd strongly recommend taking some modules by distance learning, if you don't have an alternative place lined up. That way, you will probably greatly improve your chances of getting on next time if you reapply, plus will have transferable credit if you decide to go to a different Public Health course elsewhere. And if you do get into LSHTM next year, it will lighten your workload a bit.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dricantdothis)
    How long did it take for people to hear back? Been waiting 9 weeks now and my 2nd choice university starts next week no idea what to do
    Hi - please can you email us at [email protected] with your full name, programme you applied for and applicant reference number and we can check with our Admissions team the status of your application? Best wishes, Tom

ReputationRep:
    Do online/distance MSc degree certificates from LSHTM say anything different to the London-based degree certificates? Are both degrees awarded by University of London?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by scto)
    Do online/distance MSc degree certificates from LSHTM say anything different to the London-based degree certificates? Are both degrees awarded by University of London?
    Whether you study on campus in London or by distance learning, your final certification will be awarded by the University of London (this is the same for all UoL member institutions including UCL, King's, LSE, SOAS etc.) but it will also state that you studied with LSHTM. It will not include the mode of study, however the words 'by distance learning' will be mentioned in the supplementary documentation.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.