The Student Room Group

Katie Hopkins "Detained At Passport Control" For Spreading Racial Hatred In SA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenBell
Well, yes. Because whites did invade South Africa.

But not the whites that are there now. You appear to be saying that you want those there now to be punished for what white men did in the nineteenth century.

Meanwhile, do you want the Zulus to be punished for what they did to the other natives in the nineteenth century, or is that OK?
Original post by Good bloke
But not the whites that are there now. You appear to be saying that you want those there now to be punished for what white men did in the nineteenth century.

Meanwhile, do you want the Zulus to be punished for what they did to the other natives in the nineteenth century, or is that OK?

I did not say that. As I said before, I simply stated that it was interesting that the second poster wrote an essay about SA and how the Blacks are ruining the country without including a single sentence white invasion.

Just because that is what you appear to understand, does not mean that is what I mean. But you are free to do whatever you want.
This is the kind of border control she's calling for. It would be hypocritical for her to oppose it in situations that don't create benefits for her
Maybe if she said Kill the Boer

They'd let her in?
Reply 44
I did not say that. As I said before, I simply stated that it was interesting that the second poster wrote an essay about SA and how the Blacks are ruining the country without including a single sentence white invasion.

Just because that is what you appear to understand, does not mean that is what I mean. But you are free to do whatever you want.

It is clearly implied and there is little else anyone can infer from what you're saying.
Interesting how your essay didn't mention anything about white people invading South Africa, kicking everyone out from and making themselves rich.

That doesn't excuse what's happening. Those things occured a long time ago and it doesn't justify any of the "revenge" taken against white people who had nothing to do with actions in the past.

Original post by 0lut0
I get this feeling that when white people are killed it's a very big problem but didn't white people invade south Africa take the land got rich and are just there...what if the rightful owners of the land want them out? (Unpopular opinion?)

Just being black doesn't make those people the rightful owners of anything. Blacks don't collectively own anything and neither do whites.

What is now South Africa was several kingdoms back in the day, some of which were already busy conquering and killing each other before the Dutch and British arrived. However, for some reason the Zulu Empire gets off the hook and it's just the "whites" (collectively) who invaded and hurt the locals?
Original post by Napp
It is clearly implied and there is little else anyone can infer from what you're saying.

The same way your racism towards SA and Zimbabweans was applied?

Original post by Dandaman1
That doesn't excuse what's happening. Those things occured a long time ago and it doesn't justify any of the "revenge" taken against white people who had nothing to do with actions in the past.

Of course it doesn't justify anything. However, you still should not ignore it. SA is filled with poverty and starving people, but none of those are white SA. How would you feel if your country was taken over decades ago but its new generation are living happily ever after while your family are starving. If you're making a post about how Blacks and Whites don't get along and that 'as long as whites continue to run the economy it will survive', you should also mention why. The fact that you're not even acknowledging this is disgusting. Just because it occurred a long time ago, doesn't make the lives of the poor now any better. But then again, who cares about them right? Farmers getting killed is disgusting and filthy but poor, Black SA dying since ever because of hunger and disease is just life and we should move on and not talk about how they got to that state. There's a reason why those gangs are doing what they are doing and to understand why it's happening, you need to talk about white invasion and how to this day, their lives has been affected by it. If you don't understand that and you think we shouldn't talk about it because it happened a long time, then we shouldn't be having this discussion.
SA is filled with poverty and starving people, but none of those are white SA.

That is not true:

http://archive.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/poverty_within_white_south_afr.html
Reply 48

You come across as a prolific liar. I have not once explicitly or implicitly said anything derogatory about South Africans. I havent once referred to Zimbabweans in any context either so i fail to see how I could have said anything offensive to them :rolleyes:.
If you could stick to the truth and not make up stories that would be fab :smile:
throw her in the wilds of Africa and let the lions have their way.

How's that for systematic cleansing lol
Original post by Napp
You come across as a prolific liar. I have not once explicitly or implicitly said anything derogatory about South Africans. I havent once referred to Zimbabweans in any context either so i fail to see how I could have said anything offensive to them :rolleyes:.
If you could stick to the truth and not make up stories that would be fab :smile:

Oh actually I do apologise. I thought you were poster number 2. Ignore my post. :h:

I'll edit it out if you want.
Reply 51
Oh actually I do apologise. I thought you were poster number 2. Ignore my post. :h:

I'll edit it out if you want.

no worries thanks for the apology :smile:

Okay, I'll change my post to

SA is filled with poverty and starving people, but only a fraction of those are white SA 'While most white South Africans still enjoy lives of privilege and relative wealth' - according to your website.

I hope it makes you feel better.

The irony, as far as your argument about the nasty white man is concerned, of course, is that unemployment and poverty have massively increased and deepened since the ANC came to power, among both whites and blacks.

The situation in Zimbabwe is far worse, of course, and all down to the corrupt and incompetent government of Robert Mugabe.
Original post by Good bloke
The irony, as far as your argument about the nasty white man is concerned, of course, is that unemployment and poverty have massively increased and deepened since the ANC came to power, among both whites and blacks.

The situation in Zimbabwe is far worse, of course, and all down to the corrupt and incompetent government of Robert Mugabe.

I guess it didn't make you feel better then.

Of course it doesn't justify anything. However, you still should not ignore it. SA is filled with poverty and starving people, but none of those are white SA. How would you feel if your country was taken over decades ago but its new generation are living happily ever after while your family are starving. If you're making a post about how Blacks and Whites don't get along and that 'as long as whites continue to run the economy it will survive', you should also mention why. The fact that you're not even acknowledging this is disgusting. Just because it occurred a long time ago, doesn't make the lives of the poor now any better. But then again, who cares about them right? Farmers getting killed is disgusting and filthy but poor, Black SA dying since ever because of hunger and disease is just life and we should move on and not talk about how they got to that state. There's a reason why those gangs are doing what they are doing and to understand why it's happening, you need to talk about white invasion and how to this day, their lives has been affected by it. If you don't understand that and you think we shouldn't talk about it because it happened a long time, then we shouldn't be having this discussion.

White poverty is actually a problem on South Africa, made worse by the fact whites do not have access to the same government assistance blacks do. Things like affirmative action and 'black empowerment' saw to that. Many white people are in dire straits, not helped by the state discrimination they experience. They aren't all rich and privileged, which is an outdated stereotype.

What you are doing is trying to divert the conversation from being about injustice experienced by white farmers and making it about the suffering of black people so the farmer thing seems like less of a big deal. It's a subversion tactic.

Anyhow, I could also point out how things like income inequality, unemployment and poverty actually worsened after white rule. And it's not like South Africa was even an industrialised place before the whites "invaded." But that's a whole other complicated conversation.
White poverty is actually a problem on South Africa,

If you read the posts above you would have seen that I do agree with that and that a fraction of White SA do suffer from poverty. However, that still doesn't change anything because although White SA make up a small percentage of SA, they are much more wealthier than Blacks.

What you are doing is trying to divert the conversation from being about injustice experienced by white farmers and making it about the suffering of black people so the farmer thing seems like less of a big deal. It's a subversion tactic.

Anyhow, I could also point out how things like income inequality, unemployment and poverty actually worsened after white rule. And it's not like South Africa was even an industrialised place before the whites "invaded." But that's a whole other complicated conversation.

Ah, the same way you're trying to divert this conversation into, 'so what if whites invaded the country, it wasn't even good to begin with' to make it seem like the suffering of Black SA doesn't even matter since the same thing would be happening to them right now.
If that was the case why don't we go and invade countries again since they are not even industrialised to begin with.
Okay, I'll change my post to

SA is filled with poverty and starving people, but only a fraction of those are white SA 'While most white South Africans still enjoy lives of privilege and relative wealth' - according to your website.

Black people in SA wealth is going up if two young men one white one black both with equally experience apply for the same job 9/10 the black person would get the job. Universities and colleges allow black students in with lower grades than white students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending