ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    PGCE in what?
    In teaching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anela)
    In teaching
    Primary or secondary?

If you want to teach primary then yes, you can, as most courses accept any degree. You'll have a choice of either ages 3-7 or 5-11 (most opt for 5-11). If you want to teach secondary, you might qualify for a Design and Technology PGCE but you'd have to check with individual institutions.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anela)
    In teaching
    Oh dear! Yes a pgce is for teaching but what do you want to teach. Good advice above. I think the first thing you need to do is some research. Good luck!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    Primary or secondary?

If you want to teach primary then yes, you can, as most courses accept any degree. You'll have a choice of either ages 3-7 or 5-11 (most opt for 5-11). If you want to teach secondary, you might qualify for a Design and Technology PGCE but you'd have to check with individual institutions.
    Thank you for your response but which university can I go to cause I tried CPUT but they declined my application said I don't qualify then yesterday I went to UWC then as well didn't get the response I was hoping for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anela)
    Thank you for your response but which university can I go to cause I tried CPUT but they declined my application said I don't qualify then yesterday I went to UWC then as well didn't get the response I was hoping for
    There's quite a lot of options so it's really up to you - consider what area of the country you want to train, and eventually work, at. Probably the most important aspect of the application is school experience - the usual requirement is 10 days so make sure you have at least that, ideally working across two key stages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Oh dear! Yes a pgce is for teaching but what do you want to teach. Good advice above. I think the first thing you need to do is some research. Good luck!
    Thanks again I don't mind starting with primary as they start you have to start from the bottom but I was told I don't qualify because I did fashion of which I passed my business studies with distinction so I would like to focus on that I like my accounting & maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anela)
    I think you need to do some homework as you appear to be stabbing in the dark. Have you found the train to teach website?

https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/

There is also a telephone number you can call. Teaching is a tough profession, the application process is purposefully difficult and is designed to put off casual applicants. Just a thought.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.