Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently at college. I have a conditional offer from Manchester Metropolitan Uni to study history and I signed up to attend the ancient history interview day at Manchester Uni, since I applied to the ancient history course.

Should I go to this interview day? I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety, but I get severe nerves. I asked my dad to come with me, to try and keep me calm, but I still feel so nervous. I feel like if I go, I'll feel worthless compared to everyone else.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. This is my first post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xviiimm)
    I'm currently at college. I have a conditional offer from Manchester Metropolitan Uni to study history and I signed up to attend the ancient history interview day at Manchester Uni, since I applied to the ancient history course.

Should I go to this interview day? I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety, but I get severe nerves. I asked my dad to come with me, to try and keep me calm, but I still feel so nervous. I feel like if I go, I'll feel worthless compared to everyone else.

hey, that's alright. I have anxiety so I can imagine how you feel somewhat. You are not comparable to anyone else. you go, and you do your best! that is you could ever ask of anyone. especially yourself

Well everyone’s nervous always always

If you go in the room and like can’t think what to say just say

Sorry I’m just feeling a bit nervous or anything like that

And it will get it out the way normally they say it’s fine everyone’s nervous and say take a few breathes and continue

Other than that unless your like me which actully makes it a life ruining thing ur fine

Thing is when I’m nervous I can’t talk I just stutter tuns so

(Original post by xviiimm)

I suffer from anxiety too as well as other things. Trust me you'll be fine. In my opinion you shouldn't worry just stay calm and professional if it were me I would not take my dad cause going alone seems more professional now is not the time to act like a baby. You've got this dude your heads getting to ya just go alone stay calm and you'll be good. Trust me when I say it'll be aight.

I suffer from anxiety and depression too... do you take any meds ? I’m telling meds are a life savior..... after I started my therapy and all , I was unstoppable.... I’m the head girl of my school and also became the athletics capatain of my school....sometimes you gotta be courageous you know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie1402)
    hey, that's alright. I have anxiety so I can imagine how you feel somewhat. You are not comparable to anyone else. you go, and you do your best! that is you could ever ask of anyone. especially yourself
    Thank you for your advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I suffer from anxiety too as well as other things. Trust me you'll be fine. In my opinion you shouldn't worry just stay calm and professional if it were me I would not take my dad cause going alone seems more professional now is not the time to act like a baby. You've got this dude your heads getting to ya just go alone stay calm and you'll be good. Trust me when I say it'll be aight.
    You have a point. I should make a professional first impression, especially if it's a uni like Manchester.

Thank you for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I suffer from anxiety and depression too... do you take any meds ? I’m telling meds are a life savior..... after I started my therapy and all , I was unstoppable.... I’m the head girl of my school and also became the athletics capatain of my school....sometimes you gotta be courageous you know...
    I don't take meds at the moment. I might ask my doctor for some.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been diagnosed either, but I declined my Manchester interview because of I was so anxious I was constantly thinking about it so I didn't accept the interview :sigh: I regret because my friends are telling I could have used that opportunity to gain some useful interview skills :/ I guess I could have yh...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.