Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to create a network with Successful Chartered Accountants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm so serious about becoming successful in life. Not only for myself but also for my parents. A lot of people think I won't make it in life, so I need to prove them wrong!!

I need to try and network in order to make connections with successful people within the accounting field. Trouble is I don't know where to start! And how do I make myself memorable when I come across these people, I'm sure they meet many people throughout their careers.

Any tips?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxnymous)
    I'm so serious about becoming successful in life. Not only for myself but also for my parents. A lot of people think I won't make it in life, so I need to prove them wrong!!

I need to try and network in order to make connections with successful people within the accounting field. Trouble is I don't know where to start! And how do I make myself memorable when I come across these people, I'm sure they meet many people throughout their careers.

Any tips?
    LinkedIn Is a gold mine for anyone working in professional services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamhasana)
    LinkedIn Is a gold mine for anyone working in professional services
    Yes I've got that, just need to update it. is it best for me to reach out to people or ?
    Thanks for your input

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anxnymous)
    Yes I've got that, just need to update it. is it best for me to reach out to people or ?
    Thanks for your input
    Work on your profile because no one will connect if you have nothing to show then reach out to people. Especially graduates etc. Then work your way up from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamhasana)
    Work on your profile because no one will connect if you have nothing to show then reach out to people. Especially graduates etc. Then work your way up from there
    okay thanks, I'll do that smile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.