Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you find work experience ? watch

All my teachers are saying to find experience in your goal career for this summer but I'm unsure on how to get a job in the field of psychology? How should I find these jobs and how do I apply? My sixth form's been really vague about what to do. Also what jobs would you recommend for psychology?

Any volunteering with children, mental health, prison services ect should be good.

Have a look on do-it.org (I think that's correct)

No idea on jobs in psychology other than psychologist - I think most psychology related jobs are hard to secure without a master's but I may be wrong. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along.

Sometimes just any work experience is good-not necessarily only in psychology as it gives you experience as to what working life is like.
    Maybe see if you can find a psychologist and find out if you could shadow them?
    Otherwise volunteering is something that can always be easily done.
    In terms of getting an actual job you won't get one as a psychologist(you need a degree for a start plus even then having a masters is more favourable). Just get some experience with people, science, humans anything
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.