Turn on thread page Beta

Newcastle want GAMSAT for GEM?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I got in touch with NCL asking them about late entry and whether I'd be eligible.

They sent me a detailed and lengthy email and one point that stuck out was the following (I haven't pasted the entire email):

Applicants must have achieved, or expect to achieve, at least an upper second class Honours degree, or be a practising health professional with a post-registration qualification. Please note that Masters qualifications, A Levels and GCSE results for graduate applicants will have no direct bearing on the decision to interview or offer a place. All applicants will be expected to provide evidence of academic endeavour within the last three years e.g. A Level study, Foundation programme, Open University, GAMSAT. We do not stipulate the length or subject of the academic endeavour and work related 1 day/short courses may not be considered.

All applicants will be required to have taken the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT). Further information on UKCAT can be found at http://www.ukcat.ac.uk

Has anyone else done this an done both a UKCAT and GAMSAT?

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't done anything else, academically, in the last three years. Just as a proof of study and committment to education, I guess? Most people will be applying off the back of something recent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadman)
    Hi All,

I got in touch with NCL asking them about late entry and whether I'd be eligible.

They sent me a detailed and lengthy email and one point that stuck out was the following (I haven't pasted the entire email):

Applicants must have achieved, or expect to achieve, at least an upper second class Honours degree, or be a practising health professional with a post-registration qualification. Please note that Masters qualifications, A Levels and GCSE results for graduate applicants will have no direct bearing on the decision to interview or offer a place. All applicants will be expected to provide evidence of academic endeavour within the last three years e.g. A Level study, Foundation programme, Open University, GAMSAT. We do not stipulate the length or subject of the academic endeavour and work related 1 day/short courses may not be considered.

All applicants will be required to have taken the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT). Further information on UKCAT can be found at http://www.ukcat.ac.uk

Has anyone else done this an done both a UKCAT and GAMSAT?
    What the above poster said. Also, remember that many applicants will be applying having sat both the UKCAT and GAMSAT and even possibly the BMAT. It's completely possible, if that's what you're worried about.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the responses guys.

I will have to start preparing now then lol.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.