Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you move on from someone who suddenly decides they no longer love you? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was with my boyfriend for 2 Years, I’m only 17, nearly 18, I’m going off to uni in September and I first got with him when I’d just started year 11, being 15. I was properly in love with him! Had to deal with so much crap though because he was always speaking to girls etc. Behind my back & how he’s just called it quits? After every single bad thing he’s ever done for me, with my forgiveness and chances given to him every time. He’s explained that he doesn’t love me anymore and hasn’t for months he stayed because he thought it was a phase? Wth! Like how do I recover from that? Because I’m still in love? And he’s really over me doesn’t care now, he’s just getting on with life like nothing happened? We’d had issues for the first year and then the second year was such an improvement! I finally thought we were happy... then this?! I’m just so confused and down, what do I do to be happy? Sorry that’s so lengthy but I thought I’d explain myself fully.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Lishxxxx)
    I was with my boyfriend for 2 Years, I’m only 17, nearly 18, I’m going off to uni in September and I first got with him when I’d just started year 11, being 15. I was properly in love with him! Had to deal with so much crap though because he was always speaking to girls etc. Behind my back & how he’s just called it quits? After every single bad thing he’s ever done for me, with my forgiveness and chances given to him every time. He’s explained that he doesn’t love me anymore and hasn’t for months he stayed because he thought it was a phase? Wth! Like how do I recover from that? Because I’m still in love? And he’s really over me doesn’t care now, he’s just getting on with life like nothing happened? We’d had issues for the first year and then the second year was such an improvement! I finally thought we were happy... then this?! I’m just so confused and down, what do I do to be happy? Sorry that’s so lengthy but I thought I’d explain myself fully.
    It sucks, but you lasted a long time, so look at any good memories you have. You are still just learning about relationships though and you are off to uni where you will meet plenty of other people plus potential new bfs when you are interested and a lot of them will be better.

It just takes a bit of time.

My advice is cut all contact and focus solely on your exams.
    Do well n your exams and then you will have everything t look forward to. It's only 5 months max, but its ten times more important for you to focus. I know it sucks, but it will get better in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It sucks, but you lasted a long time, so look at any good memories you have. You are still just learning about relationships though and you are off to uni where you will meet plenty of other people plus potential new bfs when you are interested and a lot of them will be better.

It just takes a bit of time.

My advice is cut all contact and focus solely on your exams.
    Do well n your exams and then you will have everything t look forward to. It's only 5 months max, but its ten times more important for you to focus. I know it sucks, but it will get better in time.
    Thank you so much for the advice! It’s so upsetting but you’re right, I really do need to focus on my A levels like, sigh.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Lishxxxx)
    Thank you so much for the advice! It’s so upsetting but you’re right, I really do need to focus on my A levels like, sigh.
    Write yourself a note that you can have a cry after you have sat the exams. You dont have time at the moment. I understand its disappointing, but it has to work for both plus you are going to have several bfs in the future, some or all will be a lot better. You may only do A levels once, dont let it affect you. GL.

ReputationRep:
    You just do. carry on with your life, time is a healer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Write yourself a note that you can have a cry after you have sat the exams. You dont have time at the moment. I understand its disappointing, but it has to work for both plus you are going to have several bfs in the future, some or all will be a lot better. You may only do A levels once, dont let it affect you. GL.
    Very good advice! Thank you so much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.