Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone
    I just registered. I'm a German research assistent and yesterday I met a nice Guy named Reese or Reece, at a Burns Night Dinner at Emma College. I was invited as a guest to this Dinner and am not in Emma College, I also don't have Facebook. is there any easy way to see him again?

Thanks
    Helena
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    So you can't recommend an app or a website/ forum especially for this purpose where I could repost this? :/
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Helena Sp)
    So you can't recommend an app or a website/ forum especially for this purpose where I could repost this? :/
    I mean, knowing his surname would help, but even then, you're looking for 1 person amongst 500 undergrads at Emmanuel, at least half of which will be male. In the olden days a porter might tell you where you can find him but I doubt they offer information to anyone now.

ReputationRep:
    thank you anyway!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hi Everyone
    I just registered. I'm a German research assistent and yesterday I met a nice Guy named Reese or Reece, at a Burns Night Dinner at Emma College. I was invited as a guest to this Dinner and am not in Emma College, I also don't have Facebook. is there any easy way to see him again?

Thanks
    Helena
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    I mean, knowing his surname would help, but even then, you're looking for 1 person amongst 500 undergrads at Emmanuel, at least half of which will be male. In the olden days a porter might tell you where you can find him but I doubt they offer information to anyone now.
    Asking a porter is probably still a good shout. There won't be that many Scottish students...

Or hanging around St Andrew's Street wearing a kilt and tam o'shanter hat plus holding a sign saying "Are you Reece?"
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Asking a porter is probably still a good shout. There won't be that many Scottish students...

Or hanging around St Andrew's Street wearing a kilt and tam o'shanter hat plus holding a sign saying "Are you Reece?"
    That assumes he's Scottish. Germans were invited to this event....

:rofl: That made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Posting it on the Facebook group "overheard at cambridge" might be the best option?

(Although I think they pre-moderate posts now.)

Was it an undergrad or grad formal?

ReputationRep:

I don't know if he's Scottish and to the post below, I don't have Facebook ://
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Fair, but Burns Night was scottish, hence my recommended attire.

(Did he have a Scottish accent?)

PS. Get Facebook. Simples.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    That indicates he didn't have a Scottish accent then.

ReputationRep:
    If it was a grad formal I was also gonna suggest joining the emma mcr Facebook group and asking.

If you're unwilling to get Facebook I have no useful suggestions lol.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    If it was a grad formal I was also gonna suggest joining the emma mcr Facebook group and asking.

If you're unwilling to get Facebook I have no useful suggestions lol.
    Looks like it was an MCR event
    https://www.emmamcr.org.uk/index.php...&event_id=1700

Call the organiser listed on that link.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Wiggum)
    Posting it on the Facebook group "overheard at cambridge" might be the best option?

(Although I think they pre-moderate posts now.)

Was it an undergrad or grad formal?
    There is always crushbridge also via Facebook designed for situations like this

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone

Thanks
    Helena
    Seems like the start of the plot of a typical love movie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicholasflee)
    Seems like the start of the plot of a typical love movie
    Honestly does
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    Hi Everyone

Thanks
    Helena
    Write a note in an open envelope. Take it to the Emma Porters Lodge and show the note to a Porter. Ask him if he can make sure Reese gets it. Almost for sure, if he can see the note is a legit and non-abusive, and you show your Uni credentials, he'll drop it in Reece's pigeon hole when you've left.

ReputationRep:
    Break into the college, find his pigeon hole, and leave your note there.

ReputationRep:
    Post it on Crushbridge: https://www.facebook.com/crushbridge

You don't need Facebook to do so - use the submission form here: https://submit.crush.ninja/708400002669844

You'll need Facebook to monitor any replies once your "crush" is posted, though
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Parliament)
    Post it on Crushbridge: https://www.facebook.com/crushbridge

You don't need Facebook to do so - use the submission form here: https://submit.crush.ninja/708400002669844

You'll need Facebook to monitor any replies once your "crush" is posted, though
    Sounds like you're an expert. Nomsaying

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.