Turn on thread page Beta

Is stranger things over rated? watch

ReputationRep:
    Bit late i know but Basically everyone is crazy about it. Why? Its good and all but some people are just obsessed and cant stop talking about it. At the end of the day its just a tv show like any other, right? And plus some fans are a bit creepy cuz they stalk the actors and are a little too obsessed. Agree or disagree? I just think its over hyped... its okay but still just some show. Think people need to chill out about it.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't really get into it, but I'm not a massive sci-fi fan generally.

Agree about the creepy fans 100% , it’s getting weird. The actors are so young and people forget that a lot. I actually think the show itself is really good but maybe not good enough to make it all you talk about.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    As with any popular show, you have the crazed fans that follow all the actors/actresses and obsess over them. Personally I'm a huge fan of the show and I do follow Millie (Eleven) and Finn (Mike) on ig but not for obsessive reasons. I'm just a fan of their acting.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Agree about the creepy fans 100% , it’s getting weird. The actors are so young and people forget that a lot. I actually think the show itself is really good but maybe not good enough to make it all you talk about.
    Exactly. I sometime feel sorry for the actors tho because they literally had their childhood taken in a way. And all kids talk about is how hot they are in comments and how they should be couples. But they chose to be in the film industry 😕

ReputationRep:
    the show is good tbh. I like it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by gjd800)
    I couldn't really get into it
    Same here. I watched 3 episodes and it didn’t feel like it was for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarBubbles2000)
    As with any popular show, you have the crazed fans that follow all the actors/actresses and obsess over them. Personally I'm a huge fan of the show and I do follow Millie (Eleven) and Finn (Mike) on ig but not for obsessive reasons. I'm just a fan of their acting.
    Ngl i use to follow them and all at first cuz i thought they were cool but now just cba. After all they are just kids so i let them get on with their life and git on with mine haha

ReputationRep:
    The reason why people like it so much is because it's nostalgic it reminds people of the sci-fi movies of the 80's and 90's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndI9vkgw_1Y

Personally i think season 1 is like a 7/10 not amazing but good all round
    But season two for me was the big pay off like an 8.5/10
    Not the best show in the world but pretty good for a sci-fi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cman123)
    The reason why people like it so much is because it's nostalgic it reminds people of the sci-fi movies of the 80's and 90's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndI9vkgw_1Y

Personally i think season 1 is like a 7/10 not amazing but good all round
    But season two for me was the big pay off like an 8.5/10
    Not the best show in the world but pretty good for a sci-fi
    Really? Most fans are young so dont know much of the 90s ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarryjam)
    Really? Most fans are young so dont know much of the 90s ?
    Just because they're young it doesn't mean that they're not nostalgic for the sci-fi (or other) films of the past, why do u think that Star Wars, Jurassic Park, IT, Alien franchise and Blade Runner are all getting reboots or sequels/prequels? People miss those old films, that gave them so many good feelings.

You don't have to be old to love an old film.

(Original post by cman123)
    Just because they're young it doesn't mean that they're not nostalgic for the sci-fi (or other) films of the past, why do u think that Star Wars, Jurassic Park, IT, Alien franchise and Blade Runner are all getting reboots or sequels/prequels? People miss those old films, that gave them so many good feelings.

You don't have to be old to love an old film.
    I guess but most little kids these days dont appreciate them and wont miss them cuz they may have never watched them. Little kids all over their phones now and that ahaa Love those though! Jurassic park ma fav

ReputationRep:
    Season 2 is a bit overrated, not as good as one IMO. Also it could have ended self contained after one season. Agree with the creepy fans, and the media is not helping.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Jarryjam)
    At the end of the day its just a tv show like any other, right?
    Moved to TV shows

ReputationRep:
    I watched season 1 and didn't understand the hype. Can't be convinced to watch the second. I don't really get it. Black mirror is way better

ReputationRep:
    whats it even about??

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.