Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Acne and gynecomastia? watch

Announcements

I've been reading past threads on TSR about acne and I read someone's comment which said that acne around the chin area is often hormonal. I pretty much always have big red spots around my chin/jawline area (I do rarely get them on my cheeks though, on my cheeks it's mostly very small spots). I also think I have gynecomastia (google it if you don't know) although I haven't been diagnosed since I haven't gone to my GP about it since I don't think it's worth it.
    I'm wondering whether my acne and my possible gynecomastia could be caused by the same issue: something to do with hormones? This is concerning be because I've been spending quite a bit of money on various acne treatments and if my problems are hormonal, then surely I should stop searching for non-prescription acne treatments and should go to my GP? I'd like to know if anyone else has had this kind of combination of issues.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget that gyno is not just about having fat around your chest/nipple, this is usually due to just having a high body fat percentage. Gyno is a hard lump of breast tissue in male nipples. To get rid of gyno i think you have to have surgery.

The fact that you have both gyno and hormonal acne is not supprising since both are caused by hormonal imbalances/issues.

I'm pretty sure i've got hormonal acne since i've got spots around my cheeks, it's not severe at all but noticeable once you look closely.

The treatment for hormonal acne i believe is a change in diet and use of supplements which can reduce the effect of hormones (or reduce the production of these hormones like androgen) which contribute to acne. Also avoid stress.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.