The Student Room Group

TSR Maths Quiz 2018 (one night only!)

Scroll to see replies

Just letting everyone know --> WE PASSED THE HALFWAY MARK
Leaderboard will be updated.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Paracosm
I'm no expert but I reckon this is an assignment you're meant to be doing and that the "quiz" is a ruse... :K:

I think you should probably stop now as you've been rumbled. :yes:

I solemly swear this was not a homework at all!!!:frown: I can definitely stop if you guys want, or maybe another one of you could carry on with this thread. I promise that I just wanted to host a quiz- specifically a maths one because I have many different textbooks. I only wanted to help.

Honestly, please be my guest anyone to carry on with this thread as I am more than happy to support you if the questions are good:frown:
Original post by Guava Juice
I solemly swear this was not a homework at all!!!:frown: I can definitely stop if you guys want, or maybe another one of you could carry on with this thread. I promise that I just wanted to host a quiz- specifically a maths one because I have many different textbooks. I only wanted to help.

Honestly, please be my guest anyone to carry on with this thread as I am more than happy to support you if the questions are good:frown:

I can't help but fear it is your homework, but I'm not stopping you - you do what you like. I don't moderate here. :biggrin:

Just know that it's super low of you IF it is your homework, if it isn't then... enjoy!

I like this. Good practice for my A2 Physics mock tomorrow as I haven't done any mechanics (apart from A2 physics mechanics) in a long time so carry on plez!
I can't help but fear it is your homework, but I'm not stopping you - you do what you like. I don't moderate here. :biggrin:

Just know that it's super low of you IF it is your homework, if it isn't then... enjoy!

I understand your suspicion, having been on TSR for some time now.
But please, I don't mind at all if you have any good question. I would personally use a thread like this for revision, and the more the merrier:smile:
Original post by BTAnonymous
I like this. Good practice for my A2 Physics mock tomorrow as I haven't done any mechanics (apart from A2 physics mechanics) in a long time so carry on plez!

Thanks, i'm glad that this is helping you :smile: There is not long to go for today, hopefully enough to help you tackle a range of questions that may come up for you tomorrow :smile:
Question 10

Spoiler

Thanks, i'm glad that this is helping you :smile: There is not long to go for today, hopefully enough to help you tackle a range of questions that may come up for you tomorrow :smile:

tbh most of these topics wont come up but it's nice to refresh my memory on M1 as it does help you think in more complex physics questions!

Maybe you could help me choose the next maths quiz topic. I prefer sticking to AS content so more people are able to join in, because not everyone takes maths to A2.
A pleasant trip back to last year.:smile:

Spoiler

Maybe you could help me choose the next maths quiz topic. I prefer sticking to AS content so more people are able to join in, because not everyone takes maths to A2.

I'm not the best person to ask, really! My friend @Protostar might have a suggestion :smile:

Pure Maths? Stats? Other mechanics topics? Just flick through any of your textbooks I suppose, whatever you're struggling with?
THESE ARE THE REST OF THE QUESTIONS. I'll look around on the internet to see if there are any other questions which may be useful. I'll post them below if I see any.
The leaderboard still stands and top students will be acknowledged in future Quizzes like such. Please- REMEMBER TO NUMBER YOUR ANSWERS including the working out!
Reply 76
I'm no expert but I reckon this is an assignment you're meant to be doing and that the "quiz" is a ruse... :K:

I think you should probably stop now as you've been rumbled. :yes:

That would be hilarious if it were true but I don't think it is after seeing their GYG. Not the kind of student who would cheat IMO...
I also made revision notes on mechanics so if you would like to look at a few examples then feel free to PM me. I hope i've helped people, and i'm grateful for the people who've helped me:smile: You guys can help me to make other quizzes like this in future. This was a trial run and turned out pretty good. I appreciate our community a lot:h: Thanks everyone!
Original post by Notnek
That would be hilarious if it were true but I don't think it is after seeing their GYG. Not the kind of student who would cheat IMO...

Thanks for the support, and for checking out my GYG:h: ngl but my teachers don't care enough to give me questions like this, they're lazy so it just means they'd have to mark more work:biggrin: That's disappointing considering that i'm at a grammar school!
Reply 79
Thanks for the support, and for checking out my GYG:h: ngl but my teachers don't care enough to give me questions like this, they're lazy so it just means they'd have to mark more work:biggrin: That's disappointing considering that i'm at a grammar school!

It was a great idea and I may steal it in the future :smile:

I was worried after seeing full M1 questions whether people would take part but they did. I think a quiz with short questions that can be answered immediately would also work well.

Quick Reply

Latest