Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My family have booked a holiday in the summer and we're going to be away for my results day. (They didn't know this when they booked). I spoke to the school and they said anyone can pick them up for me. I sorted it with one of my friends and they were happy to pick them up and send me the results. However some teachers are now saying that other students can't get them for you? Can anyone tell me what's right? Because different teachers are telling me different things and I can't find anything helpful online. Thanks ((:

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time the results will get posted to your house so you could just do that. However, some schools might let a friend/family member pick them up with your permission.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    When I received my a level results last year I had them posted and sent via email, so I got them the same day as other students. I don't attend a college/self-taught

When I received my GCSE reults last year I asked one of my friends to pick mine up and I think that's totally fine but it perhaps varies school to school so maybe you should ask your year leader or the teacher that is the head of sorting out exams at your school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuthieG101)
    When I received my a level results last year I had them posted and sent via email, so I got them the same day as other students. I don't attend a college/self-taught
    Thank you! I think I'll look into email, I don't think I can wait until I get home to receive the post. It's killing me not knowing my results and I haven't even sat the exams yet hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pastels123)
    When I received my GCSE reults last year I asked one of my friends to pick mine up and I think that's totally fine but it perhaps varies school to school so maybe you should ask your year leader or the teacher that is the head of sorting out exams at your school.
    Thank you, I think I'm going to speak to the business advisor tomorrow because I think she's more likely to know the correct answer compared to any of the teachers giving me different answers ((:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarbucksLife14)
    Most of the time the results will get posted to your house so you could just do that. However, some schools might let a friend/family member pick them up with your permission.
    Thank you, see this is what I thought and therefore why I was going to get a friend to pick them up. I don't see why it matters if they are a student or not, surely with my permission they should be allowed?! Definitely going to keep asking around school to get a more definite answer, I don't know why teachers can't agree on a basic thing hahah

ReputationRep:
    go to reception and ask who the exams officer is.
    they're in charge if exams and will give you a definitive answer.
    as I'm a private student, my only dealings with the college I sit my exams at is with the exams officer

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.