alexpol123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Guys,

I have just accepted my offer for MSc information security in Royal Holloway. I am currently looking for accommodation, and I would prefer to stay somewhere close to London rather than in the campus.

I am an international student so viewing properties or meeting my landlords prior to my course is not really an option.

I would like to know what are the accommodation options (either private studios/ single bedroom apartments or private halls) that would rent it to international students without meeting them? I have seen IQ accommodation and unite (Any reviews?) offer private halls but they are a bit pricey. Any alternatives?

Also what areas are the most convenient accessing both the campus and the city. I have seen waterloo has direct train to the campus and it's around 40 minutes away.
Any areas that are half way through that I could access both university and campus in 20 minutes would be ideal.

Anyone with experience or familiar with the city and the campus please advise.

Alex
KeirCKF
Badges: 13
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alexpol123)
Hi Guys,

I have just accepted my offer for MSc information security in Royal Holloway. I am currently looking for accommodation, and I would prefer to stay somewhere close to London rather than in the campus.

I am an international student so viewing properties or meeting my landlords prior to my course is not really an option.

I would like to know what are the accommodation options (either private studios/ single bedroom apartments or private halls) that would rent it to international students without meeting them? I have seen IQ accommodation and unite (Any reviews?) offer private halls but they are a bit pricey. Any alternatives?

Also what areas are the most convenient accessing both the campus and the city. I have seen waterloo has direct train to the campus and it's around 40 minutes away.
Any areas that are half way through that I could access both university and campus in 20 minutes would be ideal.

Alex
1. London is at least 45 min away from Egham, Egham is the place where Royal Holloway locate at.
2. Stick with agency or uni accommodation, private landlord in general are so problematic.
3. Area exactly in the middle of town centre and campus is the most convenient, but the renting will be a lot expansive and small in size, imo nightingale is good.
4. You can rent any room without viewing as long as you can sign the contract and pay the rent upfront.
5. if you need more information, you should post the thread at Royal Holloway section instead.
Source: Me, live at Egham for a while
Royal Holloway, University of London
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alexpol123)
Hi Guys,

Alex
Hi Alex,

Congratulations on your offer and welcome to Royal Holloway!

When looking for accommodation that is in between Egham and London, I would recommend using transport links as a guide. As you’ve mentioned, there is a direct train from Egham to London so looking at towns that are on this line would be a good place to start.

We’ve got a great guide on finding private accommodation on our website here and I would also suggest taking a look at room to rent sites such as spareroom.co.uk as they offer different properties to letting agencies.

I was an international student myself and I know how daunting it can be, so if you have any other questions please just let me know.

Susana
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (108)
27.69%
England (133)
34.1%
Belgium (30)
7.69%
Germany (41)
10.51%
Spain (8)
2.05%